Season Duration | GTAMotorcycle.com

Season Duration

S

SlayerofSouls

Ive always lived in the tropics and would like to know how long this riding season will last. I will be getting a bike in 1.5 weeks and am worried I wont have enough time to ride.

Since I live downtown do any of you commute to work (short distances) during winter? Obviously I know the impact of cold tires, but are there any here that drive around during winters as well.

I personally enjoy riding most when the weather is nice and warm. My riding season started in late March/early April (Depending on weather) and I could see myself riding right through September, maybe October.

In 1.5 weeks, you will still have plenty of time to get on your new bike and enjoy it. Don't worry about it, just have some fun.

I've taken mine out of storage as early as March 15th and put it away as late as December 13th... it all depends on the weather and how much you can stand a little chilly weather.

But to answer your questions, yes you will still have plenty of time to ride this year. Cheers

You should be able to ride up till November as some other posters have said. The rider training courses run up until 2nd week of November I believe. If it's light snow on the ground (the ones that blow away), you should be good to go.

Like the others have stated you can safely ride well into the fall, my best was the first week of December before I put the bike away but that was a mild and dry fall. It all comes down to the weather and how comfortable you are riding in colder temps. Once things start freezing or they salt/sand the roads though I stop riding.

Back
Top Bottom