Scottish bike rentals | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scottish bike rentals

I’ll look into that for sure, isle of barra is west coast too of which I’ve heard the same thing:back in time, super lush, people even still speaking garlic! Thanks diablo

The typical Scottish motorcycle route is the North Coast 500 through the Scottish Highlands.

Remote, and very scenic.

Reactions: J_F
if you get north
a night in Inverness is a must

the capital of the Highlands
unbelievably beautiful city

I was looking at prices last year and came across this website.

Motorcycle hire - Woking, Surrey, near London UK | RoadTrip

They had the best prices I had seen and a wide variety of brands and models. Now it is not in Scotland, not even close, but you could do it in a day or a leisurely 2 day ride. A lot of beautiful country to explode on the trip up. I have done it by car and itching to do it by bike. I have emailed back and forth with this company and they were very quick to respond and were very helpful. If you are not stuck on getting a bike right in Edinburgh then this may be worth looking at.

Good find, im about a year out so still very flexible. Early in the planning process. Thanks!

I would recommend exploring some of England and Wales then. You can head up the west coast into Wales, some breathtaking scenery there and amazing roads. You could go all the way up to the northern tip of Scotland and down from there to Edinburgh, don't think you would be disappointed.

You don’t know if there’s any uk rules saying you need your full m or be insured for x amt of years or anything to rent do you?

You don’t know if there’s any uk rules saying you need your full m or be insured for x amt of years or anything to rent do you?

From the site I posted these are the conditions I can find that might be what you are after:
  • Unless agreed beforehand, hirers must be between 25 and 75 years old. Under certain circumstances we can ask the insurers to be flexible about these limitations – please enquire.
  • To ride a motorcycle up to 900cc you must have held a valid motorcycle license for two years OR have a valid motorcycle license and have had a full valid car license for at least two years.
  • To ride a motorcycle over 900cc you must have held a valid motorcycle license for at least two years or have held a valid motorcycle license for one year and have had a full valid car license for at least two years.
  • International license holders may ride the same class and type of motorcycle that they are licensed to ride in their home country subject to the same age limitations and experience criteria (as imposed by our insurers) for UK license holders.
Motorcycle hire - Woking, Surrey, near London UK | RoadTrip

I recently drove an old Scottish lady that gave me a bunch of recommendations, and I checked out most of them, but the exact name of one she highly recommended escapes me; something like Barque or st baroque, or Barkley... does this ring any bells to anybody?

Back
Top Bottom