Scottish bike rentals | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scottish bike rentals

Dunx

Good morning,
I’m just wondering if anyone has any experience renting a bike in Scotland , preferably in Edinburgh. Contact number, public or private, would likely be looking for three motorcycles next summer!
Thanks for reading
D

What kind of bikes are you looking for and how long a rental period.
I’m assuming you googled “Edinburgh Motorcycle Rental” to see what’s available???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I did, I only found a hertz website but no Scottish locations.
Preferably dual-sports, I’m a new rider so I’m open to suggestions, but am willing to look into whatever is available. The whole Beggers can’t be choosers thing...
14 days give or take, summer time.

I’ve just found a saltire motorcycle in Edinburgh and another rental spot in dalkeith. Still any insight for experiences would be appreciated. Thanks

These guys will pick you up from the Edinburgh airport...

They have a wide variety of SUZUKI bikes available including these dual sports...
DL250 V-strom
DL650
DL1000

No experience with them personally.

19576de4a46a18df133cd59ea3be84a2.jpg

Same as above except if you prefer KAWASAKI brand...so Versys models for dual sport.

Airport pickup available as well.

22fc885cf441c19eec99fdbeddc0a17f.jpg

Thinking out loud here, I’m going to have to crunch some numbers and see if it would be cheaper to just buy three old pos bikes for a couple weeks... lightcycle is right, the uk is looking quite expensive

Thinking out loud here, I’m going to have to crunch some numbers and see if it would be cheaper to just buy three old pos bikes for a couple weeks... lightcycle is right, the uk is looking quite expensive

Too many headaches...finding the right motorcycles at the right price, registration when you’re not a resident (is it even possible???), MOT, insurance, reliability, risk of injury, selling the bikes when done riding, etc.

Too many headaches...finding the right motorcycles at the right price, registration when you’re not a resident (is it even possible???), MOT, insurance, reliability, risk of injury, selling the bikes when done riding, etc.

Ok yea I hadn’t even got that far yet, but thanks for the heads up! Again very helpful!

Baggsy: any “must-not-misses” out that way? I’m hoping to make St. Andrews Glasgow Edinburgh and barra work out without breaking the bank

Baggsy: any “must-not-misses” out that way? I’m hoping to make St. Andrews Glasgow Edinburgh and barra work out without breaking the bank

if you have time and get to the west coast
a ferry trip to, and bike tour of, Islay is highly recommended

it's like going back in time 200 years
and the distillery tours are interesting

You can fly bikes to the Glasgow or Edinburgh and back on Air Canada. https://www.aircanada.com/cargo/shared/en/documents/shipping/FlyYourBike_brochure_en.pdf

I just did a write-up.

It's not cheap. $2350 one-way. Unlesss you're going for over a month, renting is more cost-effective.

Back
Top Bottom