Schuberth Helmets mini documentary | GTAMotorcycle.com

Schuberth Helmets mini documentary

I wear Schuberth helmets.

Like most things German, they're over-engineered and comparatively pricey. You need an engineering degree just to remove the inner liner to wash it. Their claim to fame is the light weight and the low-noise of their modular helmets. However, the low db-rating is mostly due to the chin curtain that also traps CO2 inside the helmet, so you slowly black out from lack of oxygen.

Whenever I buy a new Schuberth helmet, I always remove the chin curtain, then the helmet is no more or less noisier than every other helmet out there.

Did I mention they're expensive?

first I heard of them was reading a book several years ago
semi-famous drummer spoke highly of his Schuberth

I've become a Nolan fanbois

I just bought a C4 to replace my POS Torc helmet that amplifies the wind sound ten fold and leaves you deaf for hours. Bought Schuberth because it is supposed to be quiet. Jury is still out on that for me. But, for those thinking of a helmet that is quiet, use your common sense and don't get one with vents, buttons, or other items sticking out around the ears, and make sure the visor is FLUSH with the helmet. I'm not impressed with what you get for the price with the C4. It's sort of well made, and comes plumbed for a trick custom Senna, and you'll look like a pro in front of all your friends for sure. But $1000Cdn. There has to be a better way, but I didn't have the patience to find it. The big-price helmets get all the tests and the cheapies are mostly ignored, even though some of them are really good designs and quality.

I got a C3 Pro when they were on sale at Rider's Choice. I managed to scratch the visor, after a few months and couldn't find a replacement near Ottawa. Luckily, Rider's Choice had 1 left last month. In the future, I'll be checking that visors are readily available for the model before I purchase. They are definitely quieter than the HJC and Scorpion helmets I've had before.

I've had the C3 pro for a few years now and very happy with it for comfort and quiet. I use the chin guard and get loads of airflow through the top vent.....unless it's plugged with bug corpses. I once broke the internal sun visor where it attaches to the lowering/raising mechanism. I sourced a replacement and a pinlock shield here: Schuberth Motorcycle Visors | TheVisorShop.com

Schuberth helmets seem to fit my head very well.
I have a E1 for a couple of years and love it.

Back
Top Bottom