Save on OEM parts | GTAMotorcycle.com

Save on OEM parts

eljay

No sorry, I don't have a deal for you. Just a way to save a bit from getting hosed.

I'm missing this little rubber grommet thing under one of my fairing bolts that attaches the fairing to the body work.

Bike bandit and kawiparts or whatever sites want $6.xx something USD + some retarded shipping amount for one piece. Browsing the part diagrams I noticed the part number is the same as the rubber grommets under the windscreen. I googled the part number and got some amazon and ebay results, then I searched windscreen bolt kit on ebay. VOILA!!! People love changing their bolt colors to pink or whatever to match their Hello Kitty fairing wrap right? $7 free shipping for a whole windscreen kit from Hong Kong. Nice. Better I found some in BC for a little more, $17 for the whole set and it will come in a few days. So balance speed vs cost at your own peril.

Anyway, it's a deep rabbit hole, but if you get creative searching for tiny things that you think will rip you a new one to fix on your bike, you might improve your prospects.
There are bolt kits with all the clips and grommets for around $50 to be had that include these parts too. I already have a ton of bolts from a previous bolt kit I bought for like $60 but it was only nuts/bolts not clips and grommets. Seems prices are dropping on that junk stuff. Good to keep handy, I know a lose/break stuff like this all the time and panic when I can't find for the couple dollars I know is still overpriced. Now if I could only get a full OEM fairing kit in the color of my choice for under $500 delivered...

TL;DR modifying search parameters and scope can improve cost

"Sites"?
Dude, just go to your local Kawasaki parts counter and purchase a new little rubber grommet thing.
Less than $17 bucks - and it doesn't take a few days!
And you won't have a ton of bolts from a previous 'kit' left over, heheh...
If you need a part, go to Kawi and buy it. Boom; done. Why overcomplicate things?

Where is this "kawi" you speak of? I've tried kawi dealers, prices are pretty much like buying from bikebandit and have to wait for delivery, then have to go pick up again. repeat every time you lose some grommet or clip or washer. Not paying $7 for something that should be $1 or $2.
I forgot to say this advice was for people not wanting to overpay. If you want to, please ignore.

"Sites"?
Dude, just go to your local Kawasaki parts counter and purchase a new little rubber grommet thing.
Less than $17 bucks - and it doesn't take a few days!
And you won't have a ton of bolts from a previous 'kit' left over, heheh...
If you need a part, go to Kawi and buy it. Boom; done. Why overcomplicate things?

You mean a well nut? You can buy them in huge packs for cheap on eBay. I probably have a bag of like 20 around somewhere.

Yeah a lot of those tiny nuts and bolts and things are way overpriced at dealers. If you know what you're looking for stores like Brafasco or Fastenal can usually help you out for cheaper although I think Fastenal will make you buy a box of like 50 when you need 3.

Back
Top Bottom