Samsung data retrieval | GTAMotorcycle.com

Samsung data retrieval

Wingboy

Site Supporter
For my daughter in Hamilton. She smashed the screen on her phone and already has a new one, but has a bunch of pics of her new baby that she can't retrieve. She tried downloading to her laptop, but it asks her to enter a password on the phone. No display, no can do.
Any ideas how to get them?

Check google photos to see if that backed them up. Was the phone setup to put pics on the SD card?

Did she try samsung smart switch or just plugging the phone it to see if windows could access pics?

Did she have face or fingerprint recognition setup? Those may still work.

Chances are the touch screen still physically works even if the display doesn't, so you can always find an exact same phone and use it as a guide on where to push the correct sequence of buttons on the screen to unlock it and then hopefully access the files via the laptop.

This is why I always yell "Back up, back up, back up!" all the time. Failing to back up your computers and electronic devices ends up with these sorts of situations, and sadly, they're not always recoverable.

Great ideas. Passing them on.

just tell her to have another kid, when they are all wrinkly and look like Yoda nobody will know which kid is which.

why do I always get left with the heavy lifting?? tell your son in law he's getting a laid alot in the next few weeks.

He's welcome.....

Connect it to a computer with a USB cable. Normally the computer will recognize the phone the same way as it would a thumb drive and you'll see file folders with the pics usually in the DCIM folder.

Connect it to a computer with a USB cable. Normally the computer will recognize the phone the same way as it would a thumb drive and you'll see file folders with the pics usually in the DCIM folder.

Phone needs to be unlocked first - that's his problem.

Great ideas. Passing them on.

Try using a USB to MicroUSB adapter.
plug a usb keyboard in and that should give you the ability to type in the password.

I had to do this once and it worked for me.
I tried to do it with a mouse first and guessing where the numbers were on the keypad.
The keyboard trick work like a charm.
Phone unlocked and I was able to get to the files via computer.

thumb_d65de-PrimeCables-Cab-OTG-5pin-Multimedia-Connections-Micro-USB-5-Pin-OTG-Adapter-15cm-PrimeCables-.jpg

Chances are the touch screen still physically works even if the display doesn't, so you can always find an exact same phone and use it as a guide on where to push the correct sequence of buttons on the screen to unlock it and then hopefully access the files via the laptop.

This is why I always yell "Back up, back up, back up!" all the time. Failing to back up your computers and electronic devices ends up with these sorts of situations, and sadly, they're not always recoverable.
She found them all on Google.Thanks PP.

She found them all on Google.Thanks PP.
Exactly.

Google photos or even the Samsung cloud should backup all your data and photos.

Back
Top Bottom