Salvaged bikes | GTAMotorcycle.com

Salvaged bikes

bengali548

Is there a bike scrapyard in Ontario?

I want to rebuild a salvaged bike what are your thoughts or tips?

What's a red flag when inspecting a salvaged bike?

Is it worth it price wise?

Can it be rebuilt with hand tools and an engine lift?

1. Yes.
2. By the time you are done, you will have probably been better off buying a good-condition example of the same bike needing no repairs.
3. The PAPERWORK. If the ownership lists the VIN of the frame as "salvage" or anything of the sort - anything that isn't clean as a whistle - you can NOT register a bike with that VIN on the road ever again. The frame VIN must be clear and has to match the paperwork and the paperwork has to give the bike a clean title.
4. Depends on what your standards and expectations are for the finished product.
5. Depends on what's bent and broken ...

I think Ontario Cycle Salvage was cutting their space in half, so there might be some opportunities there.

Zdeno's in Kitchener has a lot of bikes.

I think there's also Sonic Cycles in London or Sarnia?

I've been through the Peterborough salvage yard, very cool but mostly has older Japanese bikes with a few '80s / early '90s models.

U can try copart.com, if u have someone with an account on this site u can bid. I saw a few bikes on this site from ontario. There is much more choice in U.S. but branded imports are only for track or parts. Good luck and be careful buying one.

I think Ontario Cycle Salvage was cutting their space in half, so there might be some opportunities there.

I've been seeing their ads on Kijiji. I think they're getting rid of customer bikes that have been abandoned without paying for repairs.

Back
Top Bottom