Safety certificate | GTAMotorcycle.com

Safety certificate

EX500R2001

Is there anybody who can come, inspect and write a safety certificate at ones home? Or such thing does not exist?
Looking for a legit certificate, not just check the the bike (I can do that myself).
If you know one, please, let me know!

No. This is (apparently) illegal in Ontario.

Your options are
-get it towed to a shop
-"check" it yourself, then register the bike with a temporary permit and ride it to a shop

Is there anybody who can come, inspect and write a safety certificate at ones home? Or such thing does not exist?
Looking for a legit certificate, not just check the the bike (I can do that myself).
If you know one, please, let me know!
The shop is licensed to provide safeties not the mechanic. They can only provide legal safeties at the shop. There used to be one mechanic that did mobile safeties but he got in trouble for it and recently retired.

The shop is licensed to provide safeties not the mechanic. They can only provide legal safeties at the shop. There used to be one mechanic that did mobile safeties but he got in trouble for it and recently retired.

That mechanic who did mobile safeties did my first bike at my house like 20 years ago at nighttime in the dark. It took him probably all of 4 minutes lol

Good to know. I never thought of that aspect. A recently retired guy did my last one and the only thing he checked was the serial number. He also did the house calls IIRC.

When I imported my last bike I had to get CTC to do the RIV inspection. It was a headlight and S/N check. It took two tries but the mechanic came to my shop to spare me renting a trailer.

The shop only thing could involve various personal safety issues, liabilities and insurance coverage.

Good to know. I never thought of that aspect. A recently retired guy did my last one and the only thing he checked was the serial number. He also did the house calls IIRC.
He also got busted several times over the years for doing offsite or questionable safeties.
If I'm buying OR selling I don't want something sliding under the radar because the mechanic was lazy.

He also got busted several times over the years for doing offsite or questionable safeties.
If I'm buying OR selling I don't want something sliding under the radar because the mechanic was lazy.
He was a character and kept a lot of bikes from being scrapped. Whether that was good or bad for motorcycling is debatable.

Any shop recommendations to get a safety certificate that are in Toronto Downtown or East York?

I've called the Canadian Tires near me and currently they don't have any one that can do it

Any shop recommendations to get a safety certificate that are in Toronto Downtown or East York?

I've called the Canadian Tires near me and currently they don't have any one that can do it
Snow City (Kennedy and Ellesmere), Cycle World Superstore (Sheppard and McGowan) or 109 Cycle (Warden and Danforth).

Snow City (Kennedy and Ellesmere), Cycle World Superstore (Sheppard and McGowan) or 109 Cycle (Warden and Danforth).
Thanks.
Powersports t.o. Rogers Rd and Weston Rd
Are they still open? I've been calling them for days and they have not pick up the phone. I had a pending recall with my triumph, I got in touch with them to address it, but they have not get back to me in more than a month.

Back
Top Bottom