Saddlemen - Simply amazed! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Saddlemen - Simply amazed!

Jampy00

Site Supporter
A few weeks ago I ordered a new seat direct from Saddlemen.

As I wait, I've been watching reviews on Saddlemen products. I see they offer a security seat screw. This is something I completely forget about !?!
with a 300 USD seat I best keep it on the bike. For those who don't know HD's just use a fancy flat head screw to hold on the seat.

So I thought, oh crap I better email them and have one added to my order. Few hours later I get a reply that they can't add to an order but to contact them instead.
So I call and speak with Justin, I explain that I'm an idiot and should have order one when I ordered my seat. I just don;t want to pay for 2 shipment to Canada.

He looks up my order and says "no problem I can do this for you" I say "Great! let me know when you want my CC number" he says "Don't worry about it, we got this"
I nearly fell out of my chair, I was simply shocked. Talk about above and beyond service and taking care of their customers. If the security screw shows up with the seat. They have a customer for life.

I love my Saddlemen seats. I have their custom ADV on my Vstrom - it’s an all day seat.

I had them restore an 80s era touring bike seat, the replaced the foam with their modern setup, adjusted the shape to make it more comfortable and recovered it to look like a factory seat. Awesome customer service, reasonable price too.

Have one on my Super Tenere, it's meh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My experience with seats is that success is 100% bike and rider dependant

$460 US for my bike. Eeek.
What did you expect for a premium seat? Seats have always been quite a bit of money but can make the bike feel different enough that you forget the pain of the bill the first day in the saddle.

What did you expect for a premium seat? Seats have always been quite a bit of money but can make the bike feel different enough that you forget the pain of the bill the first day in the saddle.

Most of these are US based and it’s a gamble if it’s going to work well…a very expensive one. The KTM power parts ergo seat is $250 from EBay at the moment for my bike and I might take a less expensive gamble on that.

I love my Saddlemen seats. I have their custom ADV on my Vstrom - it’s an all day seat.
Seem to be made for shorter riders to reach the ground i.e. narrower in front, and to keep you back from the tank.
Being 6' 1", I'm not sure I want that functionality built in.

No, they are pretty much the same as the OE seat. The adventure track it’s a bit taller, probably because the gell humps. They aren’t cheap.
Here's their quote: "
  • The height of the front portion of the seat mimics the original seat, but with a slightly longer cockpit and wider, contoured saddle for comfort.
  • A specially shaped seat nose helps the rider’s feet touch the ground better at stops.
  • The seat angle is revised to prevent the rider from being forced into the fuel tank."
$446 US is the middle priced of the three: 2002-2013 DL1000 (02-13) & DL650 (04-11) V-STROM Adventure Track Seat (1 pc, 2up) - V-Strom Touring

Found an online store that sold KTM power parts out of Exeter ON and ordered my seat from them! Also found a 10% off code online too. Countrycorners.net

Ordered an ergo seat for about 270 to my door so not too bad.

Has anyone bought one for a BMW F700gs or F800gs? They have 4 different models, wondering what would be best.

The new seat arrived yesterday and I am very pleased. Was unable to "test" it out due to weather, but I'll post a follow up for any who are interested.

Original seat

New Seat

Seat security screw & plate (provided for free)

The fitment is much tighter than the original seat as well all the mounting brackets are metal instead of plastic.
While not the cheapest option, it provides everything I was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom