RZ350 engine wanted - Reliving the 80's and 90's | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

RZ350 engine wanted - Reliving the 80's and 90's

Nice pipe.
Mine has WickedAtv pipes, that were designed for the street...and typical of Roger they look like they were welded by Stevie Wonder on a bad hair day... that I ended up cutting apart and re-assembling to tuck in much better
If I was to do it again I would use a Swarbrick TZ350 kit, that crosses the headpipes in front of the motor
I've always been a fan of Swarbrick pipes, I have several sets.

Nice pipe.
Mine has WickedAtv pipes, that were designed for the street...and typical of Roger they look like they were welded by Stevie Wonder on a bad hair day... that I ended up cutting apart and re-assembling to tuck in much better
If I was to do it again I would use a Swarbrick TZ350 kit, that crosses the headpipes in front of the motor
I've always been a fan of Swarbrick pipes, I have several sets.

LOL... I think it depends on who Roger sends the pipes out to. Some of the welding is "not pretty".

I think Brian uses gas to weld his pipes. They definitely look a little different than everyone else using TIG. I'm embarrassed to put them close to any of my welds

Yes. Swarbricks are a very good pipes. I've also heard good things about their pipes from vintage Honda CB racers

Delboy, thanks for the great input.
Those are some nice pipes that Brian makes.
I heard that he's very much in demand and that you're probably at least 6 months out for an order.

Good call on Kenny and Mutts. A lot of good reviews of their pipes on the rz350 forums.

Seems others have been commenting on Rogers pipe welds too.

Delboy, thanks for the great input.
Those are some nice pipes that Brian makes.
I heard that he's very much in demand and that you're probably at least 6 months out for an order.

Good call on Kenny and Mutts. A lot of good reviews of their pipes on the rz350 forums.

Seems others have been commenting on Rogers pipe welds too.

Yes. I would imagine Kenny or Mutts would have already made sets for a Mito hybrid as they are very popular over there and would probably be the best place to get something that is just bolt on. Performance wise I don't think you can go wrong either.

Some people spend crazy amounts of money. I try to do everything used or from the parts bin... LOL.

My 421 was a damaged used cylinder that I just had re-plated.

I guess if you bought everything new it would be something like

Cylinders - $1000
Pistons - $200
Crank - $500 or $1000 for billet
Head - $300
Ignition - $200
Carbs - $300
Manifold - $200
Pipes - $1000

They you have all the gaskets and seals on top of that + the engine to start with. Some of those high HP drag Banshees must cost an absolute fortune as a lot of them run Billet crankcases that start around $2k

Back
Top Bottom