RSU fork rebuild tips | GTAMotorcycle.com

RSU fork rebuild tips

Trials

I've noticed that aftermarket fork slider bushings are not very plug and play lately, the gap on the top bushings have been too tight to fit the fork leg hole without modification.
For those who have not rebuilt forks before, you should test fit your top bushing in the lower fork leg prior to assembly and make sure the gap on the bushing is wide enough, if it's not, you can carefully file the gap wider until you can press the bushing into the hole. (taking care not to damage the soft nylon coating)
s-l600.jpg

The tolerance fit of this part is what determines your forks stiction and how accurately the lower fork leg tracks on the stanchion tube.
So in other words, this little guy is what makes your forks perform good or not so good, spend some time on it to make sure it's right :geek:

Why not just buy OEM and save yourself the hassle ? I doubt the price difference is significant.

Why not just buy OEM and save yourself the hassle ? I doubt the price difference is significant.
Not always an option.
The last several sets of bushings I have bought and installed were either branded all balls, skf or jitsie. ymmv.

Reactions: TK4
How has that gone? I have heard bad things about bushings made by All Balls

I've always had good luck with Racetech when I couldn't get OEM, but their stuff is hard to get in Canada now.

Let's change that up a bit....
Have you ever anything GOOD about anything All Balls makes?
Their fork seal kits, steering head bearing kits and wheel bearing kits are just fine. For a lot of older machines its getting really hard to find anything else.

How has that gone? I have heard bad things about bushings made by All Balls
I ended up reusing one original out of four on a 650 Honda rebuild and one out of four doing a Kawasaki 125 motocross bike, because the new ones were so far out of spec.

With others it is a matter of the bush needing material removed, which is not a big deal, but if somebody tried to hamfist the parts together as received they would likely do damage.

Back
Top Bottom