Rox Risers | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rox Risers

ToSlow

Site Supporter
Anyone have any experience installing these in a KLR second gen? These risers are a 2in. From what i'm reading some folks need to adjust and move cables and some folks don't.

Anyone have any experience installing these in a KLR second gen? These risers are a 2in. From what i'm reading some folks need to adjust and move cables and some folks don't.

I’ve got Rox risers on my Versys. Previous owner installed them. Looks like they only re-routed the clutch cable so not too bad. I know they’re different bikes so not the same.
But what I can say is the level of adjustability is great! I’ve already adjusted them so they are more suited for me and it was very easy to do.

I’ve got Rox risers on my Versys. Previous owner installed them. Looks like they only re-routed the clutch cable so not too bad. I know they’re different bikes so not the same.
But what I can say is the level of adjustability is great! I’ve already adjusted them so they are more suited for me and it was very easy to do.
Is your versys the 650?

Iv'e also got a Versys 1000 i put risers on and didn't need to move nothing, mines a 17 black on black

Like I said, previous owner put them on. I didn’t care much for the risers so with the ease of adjustability of the Rox, I basically folded them as flat as possible. I haven’t ridden it since adjusting them, but I’m considering removing the risers entirely.

Like I said, previous owner put them on. I didn’t care much for the risers so with the ease of adjustability of the Rox, I basically folded them as flat as possible. I haven’t ridden it since adjusting them, but I’m considering removing the risers entirely.
I put them on to get rid of the numbness in my fingers, moving the bars up made a big difference. plus i put the thicker grip puppies on that made a big difference also.

Grip Puppies are awesome! I even had them on my last track bike....lol!
My Versys is the ugly one, and it’s still too new-to-me to have any decent pictures. It’s got a Black Widow slip-on which sounds good without being annoying.

851b2b26ad8c0b0a3a0f21139212e3a1.jpg

I put 2.5" risers on my 1st gen KLR. I had to remove a zip tie holding the throttle cables tight against the frame in order to gain a bit of slack. Other than that, no issues with lock to lock steering.

FYI, if you get tired of your grip puppies disintegrating every few months, try Progrip 714s on the KLR. Thick and cushy, plus they are nice and grippy so you don't have to squeeze too hard.

I put them on to get rid of the numbness in my fingers, moving the bars up made a big difference. plus i put the thicker grip puppies on that made a big difference also.
Numb from engine vibrations?

No problems on my 2003

Attachments

• 220BD4C2-B7F0-400D-B6EA-19E2B68F15E5.jpeg
    220BD4C2-B7F0-400D-B6EA-19E2B68F15E5.jpeg
    380.4 KB · Views: 7

I ride a 650 single. The motor is strung out. It's like sitting on one of those paint shakers at the hardware store. Had Carpel Tunnel Syndrome in both wrists after the first season. Installed a set of Fasst Company Anti Vibration Inserts the next spring. The difference was like night and day. No issues with my wrists after putting them in. They're not the cheapest, but all the reviews say they're the best.

Just don't price out their Flex Bars. They actually have (had) a spread out payment plan for them.

I ride a 650 single. The motor is strung out. It's like sitting on one of those paint shakers at the hardware store. Had Carpel Tunnel Syndrome in both wrists after the first season. Installed a set of Fasst Company Anti Vibration Inserts the next spring. The difference was like night and day. No issues with my wrists after putting them in. They're not the cheapest, but all the reviews say they're the best.

Just don't price out their Flex Bars. They actually have (had) a spread out payment plan for them.
Wonder if they will fit a stock bar?

These go in the bar ends? I could use something to help with the vibes on my SV

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

They make them for different bars in both elastomer bung mount and tap + threaded.

These go in the bar ends? I could use something to help with the vibes on my SV

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
Ya, they are heavy expensive brass weights that you use to fill the ends of your lightweight aluminum handlebars and the concept is that the inertia of all that extra weight dampens the high frequency vibrations slightly :|

Hot melt glue and a hand full of lead buckshot would do the same thing for about 4 bucks.

Switching from the stock KLR handlebar to an aftermarket aluminum bar was the thing that killed most of the vibes in my '07. Something about the way they resonate I suppose, or rather the way they don't resonate. Plus, they don't bend when the bike gets sleepy and lies down in the dirt for a rest :)

Back
Top Bottom