Roads slightly North of TO. River road, 118, 35/115 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Roads slightly North of TO. River road, 118, 35/115

I was on the western part of River Road a week or two ago in my car. River Road itself is ok but with sand between the car tire tracks entering Hornings Mills, but Prince of Wales was a treacherous mess, and so was the road through Hornings Mills.

Snow hasn't all melted yet in Muskoka as of a day or two ago, according to a couple of people I spoke to today who live there.

its too cold for me without any heated gear plus the rain. you do go just watch out for wash out from the hillside coming out on the road

Lakes near Haliburton are still apparently ice. I'm sure all roads are passable bur ride like there is sand in every corner and just go for for a nice cruise.

Wishful thinking on my part. Thank you fellow riders.
Looks like I will stay home and cook instead.

35/115 is all bare and clean, have ridden the both already several times this season. Have a few friends who have done 35 up as far as south side of Minden area and reported good riding - not sure north of there. All the rain in the last few days will have taken care of a lot of the sand issues I suspect.

That said, one persons "perfectly fine" road conditions are another riders "OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE", so take that into consideration.

But..yeah...a lot of rain.

Thanks, "Private Pilot" We are all going to die sometime. Just not at Timmies. Lol.

Was sort of thinking, Prince of Wales road, River road, Creemore, Cut across to 400, (Looks like I will have to skip Gravenhurst loop, west. Cut across to 118. to 115/35. Minden West onto Monck road. Boring route back South.

Maybe too ambitious. Caution on River road/ Prince of Wales. The rest might be OK, If I take the right line. Daydreaming?

I might pop over to Calabogie and see how the 500 series roads in that area are doing in the next couple of days.

The main roads are all fine south of the traditional snowbelt/streamer areas from what I've gathered. Rode some backroads in the last 2-3 weeks out this way..IE Liberty Street from up off Highway 20 (Mosport area) down into Bowmanville headed back towards home, and yeah, it was sketchy in places with a lot of sand. Took Lakeshore road from Newcastle out to Port Hope last weekend, also hit and miss. But also rode stretches of 57 up on the southeast shore of Scugog headed towards Lindsay, and it was clean.

But consistently, all the main roads are just fine.

It's just that time of year when you take what you get. Sand was in the usual places, and tire tracks were clean.

As I always say, just ride to conditions and look ahead..you can find sand in the middle of the summer, grass clippings, wet leaves, blah blah...I just ride accordingly. Sandy areas in between otherwise clean tire tracks doesn't concern me in the slightest.

But again...all this rain..things should be way cleaner once we dry out.

On Monday I'm riding out to Ottawa and then back down through Smith Falls, 401 for a little stretch, then back up to the backroads, through Campbellford etc etc etc headed back west. I'll report back how everything is out that way, side roads etc.

Can you imagine what Southwood looks like.
Funny story. A few years ago I had a Mini Cooper ahead of me thinking I need to pass him. Lucky for me, he/she was there to slide with all the sand. I think I would have ended up in the pond.

I took old scugog rd the other day, from Hwy 7 down to Concession 6 ish and it was sandy. Mostly in the middle, tire tracks were ok. I guess not much traffic on there (which was nice anyway). But everything up to and before that point was pretty clear (Hwy 21, and 47 west of Port Perry and the lower part of 57)

Morning, I think that to be polite I should let you know what is happening. You went to the effort of letting me know. Thanks.

There is a fog advisory out for Southern Ontario. I am going to tack a stab at it. Right now weather-wise it is not too bad at +6. Beats the minus numbers. Daylight. Prep the bike and shall see. More to follow. Ride or Easter dinner with friends?

Happy Easter everybody. Have a great day. :)

I was up the 507 the other day.
It was cleaner than it was last year at this time.
The street sweepers were working their way through Buckhorn on Wednesday.

Interesting ride. Disclaimer. Conditions can and will change.

Left Brampton area 8am. I think I was too eager to get too much in one day. (More for a ride in the summer.)

Up Airport road, left on Olde Baseline road. Onto Hurontario. Always watch my speed. OPP having a busy day. Onto Prince of Wales road. Fog was staring to disappear. However, the road was slick. Conditions not bad. Only a few gravely spots. If you are taking the correct line you should be fine. That was heading towards River road.

Completely different story if you are heading towards 89, from River road. try and get to the other side of the road.(Yes, I know, more for your safety) Completely covered with gravel and mud. Good place to lose it. Great care required. Generally, not a great day to be too adventurous. Roads where slick. River road was pretty good, considering. You will see most of the gravel ahead of time.

To summarise. That was fun. Not that it is ever not. Could not be too adventurous due to slick roads. Not wet from rain but the mist. Had heated gloves and jacket but was still ccold. Main reason I headed home.

Gave up the idea of heading North. So I headed towards RR15. Was the best I have seen in a long time. Not that much.

Right now is a great time to ride. Very little traffic. Warmed up since this morning. Yes, I know I should have not been so eager. Then who isn`t?

I know a lot of people ask questions about this and that and you never hear back from them. Being polite.
Now lets talk about Oil. NOT. Lol.

Thanks for your help everybody.

P.S.
Stopped to look at three Ultramar stations. Hurontario just before Caledon. Contains Ethanol. Airport road/Queen Street. Contains Ethanol.
Heading towards Rockwood No Ethanol. Main Street. Erin.

Thanks, "Private Pilot" We are all going to die sometime. Just not at Timmies. Lol.

I almost choked on a Timbit once seeing if I could swallow it whole, so don't rule out the "dying at a Tim's" thing.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

I almost choked on a Timbit once seeing if I could swallow it whole, so don't rule out the "dying at a Tim's" thing.

Sorry Joe. you know my silly sense of humour. Never ever directed towards you, unless it is good. Did you manage it whole?

Sorry Joe. you know my silly sense of humour. Never ever directed towards you, unless it is good. Did you manage it whole?
Well it came back out whole lol.
Never take anything personal.
My sense of humour is just as silly as yours. If not more so.
You gotta laugh, brother.
Good for the soul.

??
Well it came back out whole lol.
Never take anything personal.
My sense of humour is just as silly as yours. If not more so.
You gotta laugh, brother.
Good for the soul.

Your are right Joe. People don`t laugh enough. I tell all my friends if you can`t laugh. Call me and I will laugh at you. ??

508 is nice going down to Calabogie from the 417, just a couple of frost heaves.
511 is nice going out to the #7.
Tatlock has some ****** spots.

Back
Top Bottom