Road King with Apes | GTAMotorcycle.com

Road King with Apes

What?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ape hangers is among many of the things that I just don't get. I kind of put it in the same category as 'low pants' and people that use 'you know' at the start, the main body and finish of every sentence and the Chrysler PT Cruiser. Not my thing but not judging either.

OP, you might find this site interesting.

Ape hangers is among many of the things that I just don't get. I kind of put it in the same category as 'low pants' and people that use 'you know' at the start, the main body and finish of every sentence and the Chrysler PT Cruiser. Not my thing but not judging either.

OP, you might find this site interesting.

to each their own, and nice site :cool:

I always wanted to try riding like that and have them on my bike.

A Road King with apes I can tolerate, but a Road Glide with them just looks stupid. I see a lot of those down in the southern USA.

1625869_600.gif

Like this?

roadglide-apes.JPG

Zigactly. WTF is this all about? Who runs a bike like this, anyway? My best guess is aging hardcore club members who want to keep the wind off their chest, like an "I'm still a badass, but my back hurts" kinda thing.

They really don't work with the design of that bike at all. To each their own I suppose...

Apes look good on some HD models. Road King, sportys can pull it off, the way drag bars look good on both Dynas AND Sportys. Heritage Softails can pull of mad apes Cholo SO CAL style. I like the classic beach bar look on the heritage softail.

Those aren't apehangers, they barely qualify as raised handlebars. Put a set of 6" dogbone risers under them and then you'll have apehangers.

A road king with apes gotta have some seriously beefy bars...1 inch would look anorexic. But could work.

Back
Top Bottom