Right blinker light | GTAMotorcycle.com

Right blinker light

laydee

Site Supporter
So I have a 250 ninja, my right blinker light works sometimes and it doesn't. I got it replaced when I got my bike serviced and it didn't work when i took it home months ago. I brought it back a week after i serviced it and they told me it was faulty wiring.

Anyways, I get off work tonight and my right blinker is like hanging (it was never put on properly because it was ALWAYS loose). i'll leave the name of the shop anonymous because I absolutely hate the place and won't go back, and i rather not start a flaming thread.

So i jiggle it a bit and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If my bike is at a full stop it won't work and sometimes will work when i'm moving. The back one will turn on and stay lit as opposed to flash when the front one doesn't do anything. When the front flashes, so does the back.

So my question is, where is the wiring (i'm obvi a noob) and how do make sure everything is in tact because i'm sure something is loose?

Thanks

Most signals ground to the frame. So if it's loose, it's not grounding properly, hence signal not working. Tighten that sucker up!

Is it easy to get to? im really noob :sad1:

The signals do not get wired ground to the frame..

Anyways, the reason why it works sometimes and doesn't is because while it was hanging, it probably made the wires loose inside the signal. Just like you tug on a power cord at home, or you don't put the plug in properly, it will sometimes work because the connection isn't put right.

So how to fix it? You remove the signal off the body, take those 2 wires that are connected in the signal and pull it out a bit and turn on your signal and see if it works. If it doesn't, now push the wires harder into the signal and try it. If the signals work, try taping that part to keep it from pushing out.

Now, if that doesn't work, there is going to be a black connecter at the end of the signal wires, do the same thing, push and pull towards both sides of connection.

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v1/115669017/Kawasaki_Ninja_250_Turn_Signal_FRONT_LEFT.jpg

Last edited:
moral of the story;
next time post a thread asking someone to help you out with wiring it up rather than going to an overpriced, defective shop.
I would have done this for you for the small price of a nice cold coke :)

I hate shops, this is why I stick to Ken and Frekeyguy for all the stuff that is over my head (valves, engine work...)

Thanks all I'm going to look at the bulb tomorrow morning!

And no not cyclewerx, it sells a lot of kawasaki's... you can say they specialize in them.

And it's OEM & I needed a new light bulb. I did NOT pay for them to look at it again because I told them it wasn't my fault and if they made me pay I would have flipped and made a huge problem for them. But it's happening again so I need to fix it properly :x.

Thanks again everyone :D

The only way is if the signal flashes faster than the other side, your bulb is blown.

Back
Top Bottom