Riding w/baseball bag & bats, is it allowed? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding w/baseball bag & bats, is it allowed?

maxo16

I've been searching online for a while now and can't seem to find the answer anywhere really. All I seem to find is people talking about how they've modded their bikes to carry a bat for "self defense" for when a car pisses them off.

Maybe it's a silly question, but I play alot of baseball and would like to ride to my games. I have a baseball bag with two side pockets with zippers that hold the bat's in place. The zippers are pretty strong and stay in place until they're unzipped, is it allowed to ride with a bag and bats? Or is it not due to the risk of one of the bats getting loose?

You are free to carry loads that are well secured and don't pose a safety risk to riders, passengers or the public. Just make sure your bag won't drop anything and they you load is well secured to your bike.

In the past, I was working out a rack to carry tanks so I could go diving with the bike. Your are fine with bats, just secure well as Mike said. Ideally, they would also be arranged so they don't cause concern that they are for bashing people (eg, don't do what's in the pic below).

My son plays ball and I'd often ride to his games carrying equipment that he'd forgotten at home - bats, gear, etc. Just strap it down tight.

Thanks for the replies, I had a sport bike, so find a spot to strap it down is difficult, but I have a backpack with the pockets for the bats. Thanks for all the info (y)

As long as it's a secured load, no problem. I've transported an old school 19" crt monitor on the pillion seat of my sport bike.

Backpack is fine as long as items in it are secured. If it's sticking out the top make sure the zippers don't open up on you. Clip them together or tie together. Had it happen to me before. Wasn't a bat, but was something similar.

Backpack is fine as long as items in it are secured. If it's sticking out the top make sure the zippers don't open up on you. Clip them together or tie together. Had it happen to me before. Wasn't a bat, but was something similar.

Sweet, thanks again for all the replies ✌

If you're going to ride with a backpack that has oddly shaped items in it, wear some form of back protector. You don't want to go for a slide and have a bat or ball braking vertebrae.

"is it allowed?" - the answer depends upon your intent. If you are carrying a bat for the purpose of using it as a weapon, then you are committing an offence under the criminal code 88(1)
  • 88 (1) Every person commits an offence who carries or possesses a weapon, an imitation of a weapon, a prohibited device or any ammunition or prohibited ammunition for a purpose dangerous to the public peace or for the purpose of committing an offence.
If you're carrying it to play baseball, there are no limitations, other than the secure load requirements noted above.

Exactly but to make things easier to explain carry a glove and ball as well.

LOL, I find this question interesting. I play softball 3 times a week and ride with my backpack and bat sticking out of the bag all the time. 0 issues.

Do we have AEMMA members here (The Academy of European Medieval Martial Arts)? If yes then do you carry swords while riding?

In my mind I made a dildo joke

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Had that happen to me. Met someone for a catchers glove, lost a jays hat on the highway home cuz the zippers came loose from the full bag :(

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom