Riding Season | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding Season

The Last Boyscout

Site Supporter
Was quite impressed that the Safety & Compliance manager for the Freight Forwarding company i work for sent this to all our drivers reminding them to watch out for Motorcycles.

Safety Minute Page 1 of 3 Safety Minute - Watch out For Motorcycles 05/10/2021 G Karpf Watch out For Motorcycles As we get into the warmer weather, we will start to see motorcycles back out on the road again. Motorcycles are vulnerable road users; they do not have the protection of a car or truck body, and collisions almost always result in injury. If you expect to see motorcycles, you are more likely to detect them. Often we can filter out the things that we don’t expect and just not see them. Look for motorcycles especially at intersections. Motorcycles are much lighter than other vehicles and can stop in much shorter distances. This means that when you are following a motorcycle, you should leave more distance. If the rider has to make an emergency stop, the bike will stop in much shorter distance than your vehicle. When you see a motorcycle approaching realize that it’s easy to misjudge the speed because the size of the motorcycle and the fact that it’s coming towards you makes it difficult to estimate speed.

Was quite impressed that the Safety & Compliance manager for the Freight Forwarding company i work for sent this to all our drivers reminding them to watch out for Motorcycles.

Safety Minute Page 1 of 3 Safety Minute - Watch out For Motorcycles 05/10/2021 G Karpf Watch out For Motorcycles As we get into the warmer weather, we will start to see motorcycles back out on the road again. Motorcycles are vulnerable road users; they do not have the protection of a car or truck body, and collisions almost always result in injury. If you expect to see motorcycles, you are more likely to detect them. Often we can filter out the things that we don’t expect and just not see them. Look for motorcycles especially at intersections. Motorcycles are much lighter than other vehicles and can stop in much shorter distances. This means that when you are following a motorcycle, you should leave more distance. If the rider has to make an emergency stop, the bike will stop in much shorter distance than your vehicle. When you see a motorcycle approaching realize that it’s easy to misjudge the speed because the size of the motorcycle and the fact that it’s coming towards you makes it difficult to estimate speed.
Dunno about that.

I would wager there are plenty of cars that can stop as fast or faster then a bike, especially one without big boy brakes.

Dunno about that.

I would wager there are plenty of cars that can stop as fast or faster then a bike, especially one without big boy brakes.
A bike can outbrake a truck but is beaten by many cars. I like the thought of the message and the details are wrong in the bikers favour (more space is good).

Dunno about that.

Depends. Is the "driver" in the front seat or the back?

What a great message. Bikes absolutely stop much faster than a truck, so reminding the truck drivers of this is awesome! Please pass on a great big thanks to your Safety & Compliance Manager on behalf of the riding community. :)

Back
Top Bottom