Riding during stay at home order. | Page 18 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding during stay at home order.

Well... B'sides the 12 hour days/nights there's the frequent PTSD inducing incidents..
Y'know.. Suicides attempts, physical assaults, medical emergencies, over-doses, death threats...
Ever been bitten by a Hep-C or HIV positive crack whore...?
Then there's the strong likely hood you'll get suspended or fired over pretty much any incident where you use force to defend yourself or others.
Add to that the reams of paperwork involved and the Monday morning quarter backing done by people who have never actually done your job, but their book tells them how.

It's a wild ride and getting worse and worse as the years go by... Thank goodness I'm out shortly... Then I'll sit back and collect that huge public sector pension everyone seems to resent...
'Prolly buy a GS1250 with part of my severance...

I recall my prof in Police Foundations (30+ years retired inspector IIRC) telling me her first shift was a suicide at Spadina subway station. Grey matter everywhere. Not my cup of tea.

EDIT: Forgot, i did security for awhile, some shifts in the not so nice areas of town. I've had my fair share of heads knocked, running away as fast as possible and EMS being called for me. Hit 30 and said F this.

This crappy weather has shut down most riding this wk so far:mad:

It sucks. Oh well plenty of other weeks in the year.

are you hiring an apprentice? :ROFLMAO:

Or pick a trade that pays well and doesn't require an apprenticeship. There are a number of them.

As for the pro and con of unions, both sides of that argument brings out extremists and is a pointless topic might as well be arguing if water is wet. ?

It sucks. Oh well plenty of other weeks in the year.

Or pick a trade that pays well and doesn't require an apprenticeship. There are a number of them.

As for the pro and con of unions, both sides of that argument brings out extremists and is a pointless topic might as well be arguing if water is wet. ?
already dug my hole for now, very small chance i'd go back to school at this point.

I have a lead on a new gig that would be a total and complete (In the most epic sense of the word) polar shift for me job wise but would be something that totally cranks my gears.

No idea about the pay structure or anything of the sort yet. I'd almost certainly be giving up my pension at my current gig (But I've got close to 20 years in that already) and the money I suspect isn't quite the same...but I've reached the age and level of financial freedom where having a job that doesn't suck the life out of me every day is starting to matter more than money.

I just need to wait for the current Covid situation to blow over before I can get together with the guy currently in the position. It sounds like I'd be shadowing him for probably some time to learn his depth of knowledge (It's seriously one of those "I need to pass on all I know before it's lost when I retire, because I know more about this place than anyone else alive today" type situations.

It's got me pretty hyped. I'm just trying to stay grounded in case it doesn't pan out...which it may very well not. Who knows.. But the guy in the job right now seems to think I'd be his most perfect replacement, and I think his decision on who to work with to pass on that essential knowledge potentially makes a big difference in who ends up replacing him when he retires.

Can't say much more than that for I would be counting chickens before they hatch. ;)

/tangent

I have a lead on a new gig that would be a total and complete (In the most epic sense of the word) polar shift for me job wise but would be something that totally cranks my gears.

No idea about the pay structure or anything of the sort yet. I'd almost certainly be giving up my pension at my current gig (But I've got close to 20 years in that already) and the money I suspect isn't quite the same...but I've reached the age and level of financial freedom where having a job that doesn't suck the life out of me every day is starting to matter more than money.

I just need to wait for the current Covid situation to blow over before I can get together with the guy currently in the position. It sounds like I'd be shadowing him for probably some time to learn his depth of knowledge (It's seriously one of those "I need to pass on all I know before it's lost when I retire, because I know more about this place than anyone else alive today" type situations.

It's got me pretty hyped. I'm just trying to stay grounded in case it doesn't pan out...which it may very well not. Who knows.. But the guy in the job right now seems to think I'd be his most perfect replacement, and I think his decision on who to work with to pass on that essential knowledge potentially makes a big difference in who ends up replacing him when he retires.

Can't say much more than that for I would be counting chickens before they hatch. ;)

/tangent
Do it. Think about all the taxes you won't be forking over.

Back
Top Bottom