Riding Down Under - Tropical Cairns Australia

Ended up with the giant fried chuck sandwich - 32 gm protein...very juicy. I can't buy that much uncooked chicken breast for $4 and it was very very juicy with a nice crunch.
JFC-Classic-Lettuce_Web-ALC-800x600px_HJD0310.png

and large onion rigs for $9 and totally stuffed. App malfunctioned on the medium rings :unsure:
1804_MediumOnionRings_web.png

Think I will repeat that for lunch again....satisfying meal....I've let my Ozempic injection skid for a week and my visceral appreciation of food has soared.
This is a temporary dry out on the glutide as I can tell I'd regain weight. Still nice for a bit to eat heartily without the glutide shutting it down. We've not been out to the Bowls Club of late so I'm indulging myself.
I'm done with beef so it's kangaroo, chicken, tuna and eggs as main protein sources plus once a week small piece of fresh salmon with mushrooms and salad.
Partner was musing wishing we could afford it daily ....me too.
...

Looks nice - on the correct track and all green 🍀

Could not come up with the word 🤷‍♂️
 
Dunno what's outside ...patched together 8 hours 30 min of sleep much to my delight.
Now 2 pm - weather sez 25 c - light showers mostly sunny.
Might tackle making my own pasta sauce but might not have the patience to wait.
Image
20 gm protein, $3 all in and 10 min. - my go to feed good mouth feel, filling.
Chai tea, Mac n Cheese, peas and corn, Anzac bickie and mozzerella flakes.
 
Sean and Emily got to Kakadu and their fill of crocs.
We did not see Cahill Crossing so that was new to me.
Love the purr of that big BMW

5hr sleep last night did not cut it. .jpg
Bed early after 3 episodes of The Expanse...maybe can do better tonight and get a ride in tomorrow which is a holiday. Up the Gillies maybe weather permitting or at least Kuranda for some German tucker.
 
Hehe my glutide definitely on the wane....had a vivid dream of constructing large sandwiches with fresh bread, butter, beefsteak tomatoes, lettuce and crispy bacon
Image
amongst others....
Had to be content with a crust of good bread, salted butter, one chopped egg and mayo 🤷‍♂️
 
Got a better deal -full whopper with med Onion rings for $8
Reg price on the whopper is $9
dogs will not get the fries they are missing out on
I much pref onion rings over chips

Enjoyed this - took the correct direction.
Image
Good riding weather - went out briefly for coffee with buddy and I seem to be tolerating the caffeine - a welcome change.

Managed to cobble together 5hr 48 min sleep. Lovely day for a short ride.
Muffin and a small flat white was okay for lunch after a robust pasta and kangaroo brekkie. Food noise reduced - no more BLT dreams.....we will see at the Bowls Trivia night shortly. Having a slice of seed bread and honey plus chai latte just now.
Happy with the weaning off Ozempic progress so far.

This is new on the menu for Oct and looks tasty and reasonable price....will have that. Very tasty but insufficient as a main meal
Image
19 degree morning at 7 am and I'm hungry. Nice to have those signals back.
Only 4 and half hours sleep but a straight run so will nap a bit more after some food. A very long stretch of good riding weather coming up so have to make sure I get enough sleep.

Had my act together on the ride yesterday and bike ran very well. Listed the bike for sale at $4900 without a clear idea of replacement. It looks pretty, easy for new riders and learner approved so might get some interest. Mileage is getting up there tho 77k.
Low cost transport with near 400 km range on 15 ltr tank. Nice feature set with top case and windscreen.
Screenshot 2026-08-28 at 11.10.48 AM.jpg
Actually used my padded riding shorts for the Trivia last night as the high table chairs are a bit uncomfortable for a long night sitting. Really need to sort the AirHawk which is falling apart after very long use. Interior bladder is fine but cover next to useless. I have a slightly smaller spare ...will try that.
 
Last edited:
That was quick at midnight
Image
....
First a/c on tonight tho more to test than needed - still 27 in the bedroom ....warming up.
5 hours sleep but solid. Still time for a nap to top up.
Having a ***** of a time logging in GTAM :eek:
Looks like we will not be moving anytime soon since could not reach a deal at the end.
 
Last edited:
28 feels like 30 today. Made my first sort of bolognese sauce that is tasty not watery. Minced roo, cheap can $1.30 of stewed with basil and rosemary and a dollop of the Coles bolo sauce. Tastes fine to this food plebe. Actually going to try the sauce for dipping toast into as a snack.
Angel hair pasta cooks super quick.

Took my pseudoephridine this time and hopefully will not fall asleep.
7hr 41 min sleep ...6 hours continuous overnight then a post prandial nap after brekkie.

Not sure I will repeat on the uncooked chicken schnitzel...but will give it a go in the microwave toaster tho it sez 4 min a side in the fry pan - not sure I'd want it in the min-toaster for 4 min.
tedious
Because microwave wattages vary and chicken must reach a safe internal temperature, use this popular home-cook method:
1. Preheat: Place the empty microwave toastie maker in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes to get the metal grill plates hot.
2. First Side: Place your uncooked schnitzel inside, clip the toaster shut, and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
3. Flip: Carefully flip the entire toastie maker over and microwave on HIGH for another 2 minutes.
4. Rest (Crucial Step): Remove the unit from the microwave and leave it latched shut on a heatproof plate for 4 minutes. The retained heat in the plates continues to safely steam and cook the thickest parts of the chicken through to the center without drying out the crumb.
The seasoned schnitzel is tasty but maybe fussier than a roo burger.
.....
Bought a ANC earbuds for riding - they might be getting there finally and the price was good.
$61 all in - other riders recommended. and I can use the same app as I do now.
Image

Soundcore P31I by Anker, Real-Time Adaptive Noise Cancelling, Hi-Res Sound, Wireless Headphones, Translation Headphones, 50H Playtime, Wireless Earbuds
I can use the same app
 
31 real today ....still warm at 1 am
Image
An Ai triumph...I wasn't getting there. 🤷‍♂️
8 hours sleep last night ...hope I can duplicate and then get out for a ride 🏍️
 
Back
Top Bottom