riding bike to Rogers Cup | GTAMotorcycle.com

riding bike to Rogers Cup

EddyZing

Hey,
I am planning to go to Rogers cup tomorrow night. If I take the bike, do you know if I am able to park closer to the entrance? I'd rather not have to drive, park far away, and have to take shuttle bus.

Hey,
I am planning to go to Rogers cup tomorrow night. If I take the bike, do you know if I am able to park closer to the entrance? I'd rather not have to drive, park far away, and have to take shuttle bus.

There are multiple options for parking on YorkU's Keele campus, all of them are within walking distance, less than 5 minutes to the main entrance. Your choice depends on whether you prefer a covered garage or an uncovered lot. Once you arrive, you will see signs and billboards on the roads directing you where to go.

Here is a map of the campus, it's very easy to get around:
http://www.yorku.ca/yorkweb/maps/KEELE_Map_July2011.pdf

Yea there's an on the south side of the Rogers Centre on Bremner Rd that usually has bikes parked on it.

The OP is referring to the Rogers Cup Tennis tournament which is taking place at York University's Rexall Center.

thanks guys,

last year i drove and i had to pay $12 for parking in a lot, only to wait for a shuttle bus to take me to rexall centre.

if i'm going to take the bike this year, it would be nice to have a place where i can park for free and walk to the main entrance.

Did you get a good deal on tickets?

Free parking is pretty much non-existent around there. Some park in the residential area but it's risky since parking authorities ticket regularly.

You should double check campus parking costs before deciding to bike there. They tend to jack up prices for concerts and sporting events.

Going there tonight.
After having Marion Bartoli stop playing half way through the set and announce her retirement yesterday, she basically gave Rybarikova a golden pass to Qfinals.
So now it's Serena Williams (ranked #1) is playing Magdalena Rybarikova (ranked #43)... Gonna be interesting :D

Between S and Tel there are bicycle stands. Everyone with a bike parks there (at York Uni).

Thanks, but I'm good. Scored some VIP tickets. Parking and booze is covered :D:thumbup:

Wow, what a game last night!
Of course, Serena chewed her Slovakian opponent Magdalena up in just one hour. Gotta give a credit to Rybarikova though, she didn't go down without a fight. There were some nice pressure moments that made Williams sweat a curse a bit.

Also, a surprise appearance by Pete Sampras and James Blake! They put up a nice entertaining game ala friendly romper match :D
And guess who ended up judging their rally? Retired Marion Bartoli who managed to climb up into the umpire chair in her 5-inch high heels. Lots and lots of jokes and laughter from the three made a nice finale to the day.

Serena2_zps62f4d465.jpg

Magdalena2_zpsf473578b.jpg

Magdalena1_zpsbd2108c0.jpg

Serena1_zps386bc810.jpg

SamprasampBlake_zpsa7c80da8.jpg

Bartoli2_zps960c6a3b.jpg

Bartoli1_zps65c803c7.jpg

I was there as well. I was the one who yelled out "nice socks, Pete".

Lol you can park in any parking lot near the rexall centre and as long as you don't go to York, don't have to pay the ticket. If you do go to York then they won't let you graduate until you pay the tickets off, but if you don't, don't need to pay any tickets.

Even save money on parking lol.

I was there as well. I was the one who yelled out "nice socks, Pete".

LOL yeah, I heard that!
My favorite was when someone yelled out to Sampras "Pull yourself up!" after he missed a couple of shots, and Pete actually paused the match and started pulling his socks up :lmao:
Made my day!

Back
Top Bottom