Riders with no garage | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riders with no garage

The last really bad wind storm in Hamilton blew over my shed. It was here when I moved into the house 11 years ago. It was time for a new one anyway. As soon as the space is prepared, I'll be getting a new 8x10 shed. Will probably go with a vinyl one.

I was shooting the **** with a friend awhile ago about water getting in under my tarp... He suggested getting that tent sealer spray from Canadian tire or Walmart..... Havent tried it yet, sounds like a good plan though.

hmm that is a good price! is it just a metal frame with cloth over it? does it need a foundation ?

It's a woven plastic cover, so it's waterproof, but it doesn't have a base. The legs at each corner arch back in an "L" shape with holes in them, so that it can be spiked into the ground. I had mine on the patio with buckets filled with gravel tied to the top inside corners, so that the wind wouldn't lift it.

The have those mini "portable" steel frame garages, that have plastic over it -- they are cheap - maybe $65 --- its like your own motorcycle garage

Ahh that's the thing I was trying to find. Don't worry, I'm just pulling your leg. Traditional sheds are silly expensive I've found.

Agreed. That's one thing I've never understood.
It's much less expensive if you buy your shed as a collection of 2x4 boards, 4x8 sheets of chipboard, paper bag full of screws, another of roofing nails, and a bundle of shingles or roll of roofing, but buy it as a kit with instructions and the price goes way up. :)

Agreed. That's one thing I've never understood.
It's much less expensive if you buy your shed as a collection of 2x4 boards, 4x8 sheets of chipboard, paper bag full of screws, another of roofing nails, and a bundle of shingles or roll of roofing, but buy it as a kit with instructions and the price goes way up. :)

It is pretty sickening eh?

I have a 6x8 Shelterlogic shed and the thing is great. They go on sale for ~$140 at Canadian tire if you keep an eye out. My bike has lived in it year round for the last five or six years, still going strong.

Best part is it's big enough that you can work on the bike in the shed

Back
Top Bottom