Rider down- WB 401 @ Stevenson | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rider down- WB 401 @ Stevenson

kiwi

Just saw the news on CP24

Sounded like a rider down westbound at Stevenson on 401 Oshawa . Sounded like rider succumbed to his injuries. :(

RIP

**** I just heard that on the radio. Be careful out there people.

RIP

Rip rider, just saw this as well. It's a shame that the news never warns people to watch out for motorcycles, check mirrors/blind spots. Got me thinking of how to raise awareness of this issue.

RIP.

Rode in to work today from Brampton to Toronto. Don't think i'll be doing that again, too many idiots out there...3 times people come into my lane without a mirror or shoulder check from a lane of stopped traffic...

Might as well take the train and ride when I get home

Ride that stretch every morn after nights. It's never good. I try to hit the fast lane and stay there. Then I at least have the knowledge that there is a bit of a way out on the left shoulder. And the only traffic is what is infront, behind, and to my right.

Sad. RIP.

RIP. very sad to hear this. :(

Wed Jun. 01 2011 9:55:43 AM |Web staff, cp24.com Fatal accident closes westbound lanes of 401

A motorcyclist is dead after he was hit by a transport truck and dragged 80 metres along Hwy. 401 Wednesday morning.
The accident happened at 8:53 a.m. at Stevenson Rd. in Oshawa.
Police say the victim rear ended a car in front of him and was thrown from his bike and into the path of an oncoming transport truck.
As of 10 a.m. the victim was still pinned under the truck.
All westbound lanes from Harmony Rd. to Stevenson have been closed as police investigate. Ramps from Courtice Rd., Ritson Rd. and Simcoe St. have also been closed. The closures are expected to last for four hours.

Rip rider, just saw this as well. It's a shame that the news never warns people to watch out for motorcycles, check mirrors/blind spots. Got me thinking of how to raise awareness of this issue.

sticky! .. here's a start ...
http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?102861-RoadAwareness.org-New-Articles

Last edited:
Traffic is still at a stand still out here; my office looks out over the 401 between Harmony rd and Courtice Rd. Ride on bro.

I work on Harmony and 401 and take this route everyday from toronto... i can see the stalled traffic on the hwy from my office window... this is extremely sad.. lets all be careful and remind ourselves to ride defensively always...

My prayers and thoughts are with the family of the deceased. RIP

RIP Rider.... thoughts and prayers are with your family.... lost my bro on a bike too..... Stay strong family, he's riding on.............

I wanted to hear more about this so I turned to both CTV & CITY news. Both started with the story of the guy hitting the stupid raccoon? REALLY? That was more important than somebody getting killed on the 401??

RIP!

Back
Top Bottom