Ride report - Awesome Roads, Yummy Ice Cream & lots of bugs | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ride report - Awesome Roads, Yummy Ice Cream & lots of bugs

Arun_in_TO

Site Supporter
Thought i'd post a ride report of yesterday's fun ride. Had sometime in the afternoon and I went where my bike would take me on a whim, just hoping that all roads will lead back to Toronto on the way back.
Map of the route I took

Lots of awesome roads, esp. These stretches :

HWY 35 / 115 from Orono to Duoro-Dummer : Very picturesque, Esp close to Ganaraska Forest

HWY 6 / 28 / 25 Combination through Otanabee Forest, Galesburg, South beach and Younge Point

Started at 2pm form Scar-boring, reached back around 11pm with a lot of stops along the way. Went 2up with a friend.

But was super awesome to see almost every rider do a low vee ( or a very dignified nod by some of the 'cooler' cruiser riders).

Bugs were a big issue on the way back and had to stop at KC - Timmies. What better way to make more biker friends. LOL

Thanks Sammi, Egypt-rider, the girls, Justin and another friend who came up and greeted me. Will hopefully ride with you guys soon.

:)

Last edited:
Oopps.. forgot to add that the Ice cream was awesome at :

Kawartha Lakes Dairy
71 Russell Street West Lindsay, Ontario K9V 2X1

:)

Alright I gotta ask, are you a dude?
Cause if so, the whole sore bum thing is just asking for it.

I could say the truth that the GS500 has not the most comfy pillion seat.

But no answer is gonna stop you from teasing me now would it .. ? LOL

:lmao:

Nah, i will take your word for it. Gotta upgrade to corbin sit for the benefit of your friends bum.

Unless it was caused by something else. HAHahhaha sorry i cant resist.

Nah, i will take your word for it. Gotta upgrade to corbin sit for the benefit of your friends bum.

Unless it was caused by something else. HAHahhaha sorry i cant resist.

Hmm.. naah ! he's gonna be on his own bike next season. Id rather invest in a bike rack.

I am thinking of planning a tour with a bunch of stops at points of interest / attractions / along the way, I am a newbie and Id settle for a relaxed, steady pace at (or just reasonably over ) speed limit, avoiding the freeways and choosing picturesque back roads. Should be something from morning to evening, around 400-500km max.

So how do i go about organizing this ? Will someone experienced be ready to lead ?

Ugh, GS500's back seat (well, the entire banana seat) is much more comfy than any "passenger" piece of leather I have seen on SS bikes.

Wait until the Junebugs, fishflies, or whatever you call them start swarming. Some places in Peterborough get a bit greasy. More so in my hometown outside of Windsor but it was everywhere down there. I had to put my parents Cherokee in 4wd to get off a road in Belle River. It was crazy. The bugs can get really nasty up here so bring a squeegee! lol

Wait until the Junebugs, fishflies, or whatever you call them start swarming. Some places in Peterborough get a bit greasy. More so in my hometown outside of Windsor but it was everywhere down there. I had to put my parents Cherokee in 4wd to get off a road in Belle River. It was crazy. The bugs can get really nasty up here so bring a squeegee! lol

Come on ...it's not that bad.Just keep the visor down,black flies buzzing in your lid...no fun! Makes me wonder how much fun it would be to have an open faced lid?

I can't believe you turned around right before the amazing roads!!

which roads did i miss ? :( Tell me tell me ..

I am thinking of heading out to Warsaw Caves and peter-bro on Jun 11th. Any suggestions on good roads ??

Highway 7a is pretty good. Hills and twisties and good scenery. From the 115 all the way to Port Perry. I have to drive that road everyday.

Back
Top Bottom