Ride motorcycles | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ride motorcycles

that was in Quebec...

but man, it really looks like they're going down the shitter...

More like a one single dealer .... who else is dropping euro bikes???

The old Kahuna place was huge ... surely the rent was not cheap, perhaps that's why they moved out, bleeding all the time they've been there.

Wow! I am saddened but I can't say I'm surprised. Here's my perspective: Most of the Duc's sold in Ontario are 698,798, and 1100 Monsters. People love the MultiStrada, Paniglale and the Diavel , but most people are hesitant to pull the trigger on the more expensive models. Compounding the problem is a competitive situation where the other two GTA Ducati dealers are selling their product at razor thin margins. Another factor is Ducati's fastidiousness when it comes to dealer training. Ducati has one of the mosts diverse and technical product line ups. When you are selling 4 brands it is hard keep up with all the obligatory factory training while at the same time move product off the sales floor. Ducati's motto is "Ducati-where passion meets performance"(or something to that effect). Ducati North America has some very solid and passionate people working for them. I'm sure they will do just fine. Having said that, it is a sad day indeed.

Last edited:
Guys I think most people buy from gp bikes sturgess etc those guys always win awards maybe peeps avoided kahuna/ride

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Called the other day to get parts for my MV and told they are no longer an MV dealer. I am very disappointed, to say the least. Dealing with Greg and the guys in service at Ride was always a good experience.

Luckily I found a new mechanic in Markham who's a really great guy. As for parts, I guess I'll need to go through...Royal *shudder*.

Who dropped who? Sometimes, many times, franchises are pulled if the dealer doesn't meet certain expectations re selling or accepting bikes, or refuses to make changes to the showroom, or has been submitting false labour charges for work never done. The franchise may have been pulled for any number of reasons as equally as the dealer may have dropped the franchise for any number of reasons like poor support, too many/high demands or financial costs etc.

I remember a time not too long ago, when there were NO authorised Ducati dealerships in Canada. Bikes were brought in on the grey market, and they still got sold and serviced and parts were still available. I remember at one time there were only 6 BMW dealers in Canada too. And, no TR dealserships either for that matter...all not too long ago, and those brands are all doing well in Canada now.

In this era of the internet, local dealers are not always a necessary requirement for ownership. Most CDNs live close to the border and can get their servicing done/parts purchased in the US if nothing is available in Canada.

Last edited:
Woah, I hadn't realized any of this occurred. So they merged the two locations and dropped Ride's offers other than Indian? Was intending to go to them when I was ready to grab a Triumph due to the positive experiences I've had there before.

If Norm's still over there as cycling indicates I'd vouch for him as well. Dealt with him before and he's always been honest and straight-forward.

Last edited:
Woah, I hadn't realized any of this occurred. So they merged the two locations and dropped Ride's offers other than Indian? Was intending to go to them when I was ready to grab a Triumph due to the positive experiences I've had there before.

If Norm's still over there as cycling indicates I'd vouch for him as well. Dealt with him before and he's always been honest and straight-forward.

Happy to say, yes Norm is still there.

Purchased two bikes through Norm at Kahuna excellent person to deal with....I won't go to anyone else there personally....

Totally sad turn of events. Hopefully the service staff moves on to wherever Ducati Toronto ends up next. Solid group that was always helpful and friendly after my purchase.

Only shop I've ever dealt with that lent me a demo while my bike was in for warranty. Class act.

Carmine at dukes of cycle is a great mechanic as well certifed mv agusta tech

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom