ride down a fun backroad | GTAMotorcycle.com

ride down a fun backroad

V-Tom

Site Supporter
it's funny you post this and then there is your signature...as for tail of the dragon, i dunno, that road looks a little rough, but still good for a blast though...looks like you had fun...geez i need to do a 507 run...

it's funny you post this and then there is your signature...as for tail of the dragon, i dunno, that road looks a little rough, but still good for a blast though...looks like you had fun...geez i need to do a 507 run...

Safe and fun aren't opposites. Doing something stupid and running off the road is quite different than a car taking out a bike. Notice the complete lack of driveways on that road and how the rider slows down for the worst of the blind turns.

That road isn't smooth and is likely the most fun on an adventure bike as they don't care about rough roads all that much. The first part (maybe for about three minutes does have the same kind of sharp, blind corners like the tail of the Dragon and reminds me of it. It isn't close in the grand scheme of things, but the flavour is there.

..Tom

It's funny how much the first few minutes of that road feels like the Tail of the Dragon. It isn't nearly as nice as the TOD, but the flavour is there.

The Go-Pro left is mounted to the left handlbar with a RAM mount and is in front of the hand grip.

..Tom

...Your camera mount makes your bike seem way farther left than it probably is.

One other thing, on blind right hand turns you really need to stay as far left as you can to get as good a view of the road as possible so there are many times the rider is on the far left for that reason. You need to treat each trun as a very late apex.

..Tom

Tom have you been to the dragon? Good vid though but its no where near a dragon road from what i saw, just sayin, but a nice road anywho

Tom have you been to the dragon? Good vid though but its no where near a dragon road from what I saw, just sayin, but a nice road anywho

Yes I have ridden down there three times and done multiple runs on it. This road isn't nearly as extreme as it but has a similar flavour when riding, at least the first few minutes of it do, and the video doesnt really do it justice.

..Tom

Looks like a fun road... can you share the location of it with us?
Thanks for the vid either way.

Looks like a fun road... can you share the location of it with us?
Thanks for the vid either way.

I'm reluctant to post it, but if I am riding with you I would be happy to show you.

..Tom

Trying to pick out what road, saw an intersection sign that I could sort of pick some info out of and noticed you crossed from one county in to another, time of day looks like 1930 or 2000hrs if this was taken in the last couple of days...

Reminds me a lot of a nice road I found near one of the MX tracks I race at. I'll take the street bike out of the trailer to go ride that road after saturday practice.

Back
Top Bottom