[Resolved] $9000/year Motorcycle Insurance for 18 y/o male normal? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

[Resolved] $9000/year Motorcycle Insurance for 18 y/o male normal?

Yep and then manufacturers sit around scratching their heads as to why sales continue to decline. Insurance costs are definitely the #1 reason why people aren't taking up riding. it doesn't start to make financial sense until 25+.

I think manufacturers know exactly why sales are declining.

The 300cc segment has exploded in the last decade or so because of this. And that's why they're now offering technology in those bikes that was only ever found on more expensive higher-displacement models - ABS, slipper-clutch, quick-shifter... And the motorcycles actually look good as well.

What's not to love on the paint scheme on this 250?

2i9oyut.jpg

GSX250R-03.jpg

Its just surprising you don't hear about more lobbying, etc.

Even for a 300cc bike you will not be getting a reasonable rate until your well into your mid 20's.

at 23 with a clean/constant driving record since 16 + the M1X course I was paying $2450/yr for an R3 (w. That's nearly half the sticker price of the bike. If I was in the 18-21yr bracket it would have been well into the 3k range. Besides getting a 125cc (Which is basically a dead engine size here) there's not much you can do.

Its just surprising you don't hear about more lobbying, etc.

Canada is a tiny, tiny market for motorcycle manufacturers. Our population combined with the extreme seasonality of the hobby means that they're not going to spend a lot of money and effort in return for a negligible increase in sales.

Worldwide, Honda sold 20.2 *million* motorcycles last year.
In Canada, I think they sold about 10,000.

Back
Top Bottom