Reputable Carfax for Bikes? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Reputable Carfax for Bikes?

shadowman

Site Supporter
I'm thinking about buying a bike out of Quebec. I know Service Ontario can't give me a UVIP for it because it's not registered in Ontario.
I would like to make sure the bike is legit, (not stolen, branded, etc) before I buy it.
Has anyone ever used Faxvin? Vinaudit?

Im not sure, but cant you just walk in with the vin# and see if its branded or stolen at a service ontario?

Just thinking, you can try and have the deal done at a QC dealership ... they may charge a bit for it but you can ask. May even be worth a call to a Quebec dealer and ask how they check on used bikes for liens, etc..

Can a person even get a carfax in Ontario for a bike

Thanks for the replies.
I talked to the seller and he is willing to go with me to a Service Ontario outlet to change the ownership.

Thanks for the replies.
I talked to the seller and he is willing to go with me to a Service Ontario outlet to change the ownership.

But is Service Ontario holding back on the branding and/or lien info, or is it that they simply don't have it? If they don't have it, and the current registration paper doesn't show any branding, then you should be able to plate it. An undisclosed lien could cause problems, though.

I had a guy send me a link to this, he wanted me to get him a report on my bike.
I gave him the VIN number and told him to do it because I thought it was a scam.
Never heard back from him. I still don't know why he was asking, I had the UVIP.
here's the link he sent, don't know much about it

When a buyer sends to you a web page to get a report, blinking red light. You did the right thing. Nobody should use that website.

Carfax.ca works fine for bikes. Even if the vin doesn't decode into a make/model (Most bikes will decode fine anyways) it will still search insurance, police and lien databases for anything associated with that vin.

If you know anybody in Alberta they can check at any of the registry offices (private).
$19.00 gets you a complete history of the VIN.
This includes all provinces.

Back
Top Bottom