Replacement Hip Armour | GTAMotorcycle.com

Replacement Hip Armour

MacDoc

Site Supporter
My AirGlide 3 pants are in remarkable shape after years of use but I noticed when removing the hip armor it's just foam

So given how inexpensive I got these pants for new $100 Cdn - and how much flawless use I've had - 4 years with a single issue - even the boot velcro is perfect.....I figured spending a bit on some 3D0 hip armor would be smart.

The foam armor is kidney shaped but the pocket is not so I figure most flexible armor like this would fit

forcefield_isolator2_replacement_hip_armor.jpg

That's Level 2 CE

The Klim is a bit more money but I don't see much difference

These look good tho for ventilation in Australia and it's a new design.

Klim D3O LP2 Pro Hip Pads
klim_d3_olp2_pro_hip_pads_orange_750x750.jpg

any feedback appreciated...especially those with AirGlide 3.

I use independent knee armor that I'm very pleased with

My Joe Rocket mesh riding jacket is at least 12 years old and I bought it second hand for $50. It fits well and has handled come offs on dirt well tho leaving the zipper open cost me a shoulder injury that still hurts :(.

It's got the original foam insert back protector so I thought $85 for a current level protector that is also cooler was warranted and I could split shipping on the hip armor that I also grabbed. Since both are worn in Canada and Australia a little extra expense to bring them up to snuff for the riding I do was worth it.....and a bit cooler here in Aus.

FF1043.jpg

Think I'm good for this years riding in on both continents.

Turns out - dumb luck ....it's the same shape for my Scott Distinct II 3 season jacket.
Bonus - ANYTHING that makes that jacket cooler is worthwhile

SCOTT-Back-Protector_ml.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom