Removing stubborn electrical connector | GTAMotorcycle.com

Removing stubborn electrical connector

bigpoppa

Removing the front fairing to access head bearings, tried removing this electrical connector but its stuck or I dont know how to remove it, any ideas?

I feel like there's a precise way to pressure the(3) little clips holding it together but no luck so far

Thanks

Normally push the two sides together, then push on center leg of clip, then pull apart.

I thought you had to pry the plastic tab away from the connector not press it :unsure:
Also those ones with the rubber seals like that come apart with a pop, the rubber makes a pretty good vacuum in there

I thought you had to pry the plastic tab away from the connector not press it :unsure:
Also those ones with the rubber seals like that come apart with a pop, the rubber makes a pretty good vacuum in there
I normally just get annoyed at the whole thing and slide a thin screwdriver into the latch. Whether the tab is supposed to go in or the latch out sorts itself out. Obviously not the correct approach though as you may damage the connector.

Well I have one in my hand right now, how in the heck am I going to describe opening it :rolleyes: other then I didn't damage it taking it apart.

Tabs on sides are press together (use the jewellers screw driver on your swiss army knife)
3rd tab piece of plastic on the inside (closest to the connector body) pries outward like I thought
... it's a water tight connector don't **** that up

It worked! Gotta pull them away not press it in
Much thanks

I think it's time to retire that avvy, BP
Trials is trying hard these days

and I heard he thinks you have a man-crush on him
best to nip that in the bud, bud

I think it's time to retire that avvy, BP
Trials is trying hard these days

and I heard he thinks you have a man-crush on him
best to nip that in the bud, bud
ew
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit