Registering and Plating the Bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Registering and Plating the Bike

S

SlayerofSouls

Take the above three things (UVIP, Safety certificate and ownership papers) and go to any of the centers here -> (input your postal code and search)https://www.services.gov.on.ca/services/serviceDetails.do?action=specify_city&channel=COUN TER&id=100&locale=EN

Do I need to show my insurance certificate to get plates for the bike? I receive the plates instantly?

I will get my insurance for the bike on Monday, insurance will be effective on the 14th of July (when my rate drops). If I do need to show my insurance to the ministry which is effective on the 14th, can I get plates a day before?

Whats the best way to do this?

Appreciate the info

You need to supply them the insurance policy number to get plates and a validation sticker, they usually don't bother looking at the paper slip.

I suppose the question remains if the insurance needs to be effective and if they will bother to check.

I would line up to be first served on the 14th, assuming the policy is active 12:01am.

Yes, you need to provide your insurance policy number. They will give you out a form to fill out. You name, address, policy number, etc. After that, they will print you out a new ownership, if you registered it beforehand without insurance. They will go get you a plate on the spot, and stick your tag on it. As soon as you get the insurance policy number and print out the temporary slip, your insurance is activated instantly. I doubt they check when the policy is active, they just tell you to write the number. But keep in mind, if it is effective on the 14th, you get your plates on the 13th and you get into an accident, I'm not sure if you will be covered.

Back
Top Bottom