registering a bike that has already been imported | GTAMotorcycle.com

registering a bike that has already been imported

It is overdue on paper work, so RIV might require you to send it back and redo the process. Unless it was never moved to Canada with intention to be registered.
Check if the duty and taxes were paid.
Check if it is CLEAN and always have been a clean title, not a branded, rebuild or any other.
Check the VIN
I have imported a couple of bikes back in the days and this is what I can suggest with my LIMITED knowledge of the subject.

The best way is to offer a couple of 100s more for the bike ready at MTO ready to be registered. It will cost you more in time to do it yourself.
Regardless Check the VIN.

Good luck on the purchase.

Sorry, I dont think that bike is worth $4000.

- why does it have new fairings on it? OEM or Chinese?
- why is there a rim tape on only the front wheel?
- why doesn't it run?

It may be a clean title crash rebuild. If it doesn't run then either something is broken and wasn't fixed or something wasn't put back together properly. There might be other crash damage that wasn't fixed properly. If i were to go look at it, I'd take a good long and thorough look first.

As far as importing the bike goes, it's probably best to call the RIV and explain the situation to them. Ask them what you can do.

http://www.riv.ca/

I agree, it could be after a serious collision, just rebuilt and shipped up north.
Remember that not every accident gets reported.
A bike like that, I would get a good mechanic to look at and even then you can miss some cracks on the frame somewhere. Make sure you talk to the seller and ask him if he knows exactly what happened and why was all this stuff replaced on the bike.

think i'm going to pass on this bike.

Seller told me he just brought over the frame that was from a part out. (blown motor) and built it with oem and aftermarket parts.
I can just see the headache i will have with RIV and customs about this bike

thanks for the input gtam

Back
Top Bottom