Register bike with safety but without insurance? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Register bike with safety but without insurance?

Hey so I bought my bike about a week ago, and I only have my M1. I want to wait until I get my m2 to insure it so it's cheaper, and also so that I have completed the safety course for when I'm riding.

I've read options online about registering the bike as unfit, however I've already had the safety done. If I were to wait until after I've completed the course I would have to get it resaftied as the course is more then 36 days away from when I last got it safetied.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do?

Hey so I bought my bike about a week ago, and I only have my M1. I want to wait until I get my m2 to insure it so it's cheaper, and also so that I have completed the safety course for when I'm riding.

I've read options online about registering the bike as unfit, however I've already had the safety done. If I were to wait until after I've completed the course I would have to get it resaftied as the course is more then 36 days away from when I last got it safetied.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do?
register it as fit unplated then you don't need insurance and when you get insurance you just go get your plate

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I believe you need insurance to get plates, so you would register it in your name as fit, then get it plated when you have insurance, there is probably some additional charge for adding the plate later. A little bit of research on SO website might reveal something, or hopefully someone here has actually done what you want to do.
I know there was some insurance company’s that were willing to write a policy for M2 is you had the course booked, that may have only been a Covid thing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom