Regarding Vehicle tax validity | GTAMotorcycle.com

Regarding Vehicle tax validity

UJelly

Don't know if I'm posting this in the right section or not BUT I have a quick question.

Friend of mine received the friendly tax man's letter asking how much he bought a used motorcycle for and if he traded anything etc...
this is his second letter now.

I told him he can ignore it and I know there was a thread about this before and I don't remember if you can ignore it or not.

Yes I know I can search for this thread but don't know what type of keywords to search for.

Thank you.

I revived one of them as well, all I did was reply it and said what I told them I paid the first time - it depends on what your seller also does with it, as I believe they send them one as well. _ I ignored the first one and replied to the 2nd one.

Ignore it, I just got one today and it went straight in the trash.

I received one and threw it out. Never received another. Funny thing is I filled out the used vehicle paperwork including the selling price. So if the seller provides that, why would they ask again at a later date? It's either the same answer or you don't remember. For me, I new what I was asking, but couldn't recall how much cash I actually got and couldn't bother looking for the bill of sale I drafted.

Thanks guys. Will pass the info to him
Cheers

Send it back with a note:

"The information you request can be obtained for a small administrative fee of $50. Please make payment to 'cash'. "

For the record, it's also not registered mail, so you "never received it".

Does anybody know what happens if the seller rats you out? Would they have grounds to tax you more? Or do they need statements from each party that don't match?

Send it back with a note:

"The information you request can be obtained for a small administrative fee of $50. Please make payment to 'cash'. "

I like that idea. Service Ontario should rename itself Service Fee Ontario.

Yup u have to pay twice as much. The difference in tax from what u stated and what u paid as well as a understatement fee of the same amount. Straight up bs. This happened to me but I did not understate intentionally. The chick asked me what was the value of the bike not what how much I paid for it. Then I get this bs letter a few weeks later. I called them and they said I just have to get I signed letter saying it was a miscommunication. So I go back to the place with a letter to get it signed and the bit ch refused to sign it and said if I want to call head office I'm free to do so then looked passed me and said NEXT!. I could have smashed her with my helmet I tell ya but simply left and now I gotta try calling and trying to clear this ish up. F in sucks balls

********* I tell you, I don't know why the government thinks they can get a piece of every sales transaction for private sales for EVERY time the vehicle changes hands. I wouldn't have moved from that desk at all, nope. Not until the issue was resolved and that government lapdog admitted and signed the document.

Back
Top Bottom