Regarding OPCF 16 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Regarding OPCF 16

cbr-dee

Site Supporter
Unfortunately in the last 2 years, i haven't been able to ride my bike as much as i would like. Instead of dropping coverage completely on my next renewal, would OPCF 16 be my best bet ? also what should i be expecting price wise for a 2005 Cbr 600rr ( no tickets or accidents ,8 years riding ,living in the GTA,vehicle stored in private garage)... Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Call your insurance company/broker and ask if they will let you drop to comprehensive (fire&theft) only. If they allow it, your premium should drop to a hundred a year or so. Obviously with this coverage you cannot ride your bike, it just covers you if something happens to it while in storage.

Unfortunately in the last 2 years, I haven't been able to ride my bike as much as I would like. Instead of dropping coverage completely on my next renewal, would OPCF 16 be my best bet? also what should I be expecting price wise for a 2005 Cbr 600rr ( no tickets or accidents ,8 years riding ,living in the GTA,vehicle stored in private garage)... Any input will be greatly appreciated.

What is it you’re trying to do?

I don’t think OPCF 16 is going to help you, OPCF 16 only suspends coverage on the vehicle, you still have to continue to pay you’re yearly amount, it’s when you add OPCF 17 that you get a credit for the time OPCF 16 has been used.
Plus, some companies if you have OPCF 16 over a year, they will give you an option to cancel the policy or reinstate coverage, they will not let you keep OPCF 16 over one year.

Call you’re broker and see what he says.

Back
Top Bottom