regarding motorcycle test dates? | GTAMotorcycle.com

regarding motorcycle test dates?

f4XLR8

Hey guys,

My buddy approached me about a question I couldn't really answer. He wants to get his M1 license, but he's out of the country until late August. Now once he gets his M1 license, he has to hang onto it for 60 days minimum before completing his M1 exit test (to get his M2). So this would mean that he would have to book his M1 exit test for late October. However, the motorcycle test booking dates at the ministry run from May1-October 15. But since he can only book in LATE October at the earliest, what can he do?

I already suggested the course, but at the moment he doesn't have the funds for it. Do you think MTO would be flexible on the date? I thought the dates were written in stone.

With regards to expiration on G1/G2 licenses, I know that temp permits can be issued if you're simply waiting on a test which was booked in advance for a date which is post expiration. Not sure if they would apply a similar rule, probably best to simply call and find out if they will be accomodating.

Taking a course would be his best bet, however. Could sign up for a course which would start the day after getting his M1, allowing him to pass the exit text and get the required paperwork for his M2. After the 60-days, submit the paper work and all is well.

He really should try to find a way to fund taking the course, besides fixing the issue of time contraints, it will make him a better/safer rider. Learning on his own or from someone else won't preprare him as well for driving on ontario roads with all the insane cagers as well as a school will.

Back
Top Bottom