RED light boredum. | GTAMotorcycle.com

RED light boredum.

nanobots

Sooo one little thing I picked up, especially in traffic, is checking my cell phone for updates/txts ect...

Im aware of the law no handheld devices in the vehicle. Sooo, I get off the bike and stand next to it and check the phone.

Anyone else do that ? Is it illegal ?

wouldn't getting off your bike while it's running be considered stunting or something illegal? I know I do it when I've got cars lined up behind me waiting for the light to turn green and I get off the bike to press the crosswalk button.

wouldn't getting off your bike while it's running be considered stunting or something illegal? I know I do it when I've got cars lined up behind me waiting for the light to turn green and I get off the bike to press the crosswalk button.

Really? I've always pulled up and motioned form the car behind me to move up, haven't had someone not do it yet, but I know some people have.

Arguably since you haven't abandoned your bike at the intersection, you're still operating it and therefore are not getting around the law. Maybe? That's the only interpretation I think they could use to get you.

Really? I've always pulled up and motioned form the car behind me to move up, haven't had someone not do it yet, but I know some people have.

How do you get them to do this?! I've tried the motioning thing and they always either ignore me or act like I'm waving a gun at them.

How do you get them to do this?! I've tried the motioning thing and they always either ignore me or act like I'm waving a gun at them.

I point at the light then the sensor, then wave them to move up.

Sooo one little thing I picked up, especially in traffic, is checking my cell phone for updates/txts ect...

Im aware of the law no handheld devices in the vehicle. Sooo, I get off the bike and stand next to it and check the phone.

Anyone else do that ? Is it illegal ?

why get off your bike?? just pull over to the side and chit chat all you want on the bike. i cant see an officer having an issue with that as thats what your allowed to do while driving a car.

wouldn't getting off your bike while it's running be considered stunting or something illegal? .

no.

why get off your bike?? just pull over to the side and chit chat all you want on the bike. i cant see an officer having an issue with that as thats what your allowed to do while driving a car.

Yeah, I felt my phone vibrate today, so I pulled over onto a side street and checked it out... Easy peasy.

I sometimes motion the driver to move up but they have a confuse look on their face like I'm trying to tell them to run me over. So I'll just look both ways and run the red light. And yeah I'm pretty sure if you get off your bike it's illegal but one of those illegals that is rarely enforced. Something like ghost riding probably.

Only had to do this once while waiting for a light that will ONLY change if a car is turning left. Sat there for a good 4-5 minutes with no luck. I motioned for the pick up truck behind me to move up and he did. Light changed right away.
I sometimes motion the driver to move up but they have a confuse look on their face like I'm trying to tell them to run me over. So I'll just look both ways and run the red light. And yeah I'm pretty sure if you get off your bike it's illegal but one of those illegals that is rarely enforced. Something like ghost riding probably.

no.

You mean when people hear/feel their phone, slam on their brakes and stop in the middle of the road?
Wouldn't that be obstructing traffic?

I believe the law says something like "legally parked". I'm not sure stopped at a red light is legally parked technically.

You mean when people hear/feel their phone, slam on their brakes and stop in the middle of the road?
Wouldn't that be obstructing traffic?

When I have done that, I was pulled over in a way that did not obstruct traffic (parking lot, side street, etc)

When I have done that, I was pulled over in a way that did not obstruct traffic (parking lot, side street, etc)

This is understandable but there have been many instances where I am behind someone and all of a sudden they hit their brakes hard, and put their hazards on. When I pass them, they're on their phone. I've seen this on Langstaff Rd, Dufferin St, Hwy 7, Elgin Mills, Major Mac...... It sucks cause this also happens in rush hour, and with only 2 lanes, traffic is just messed up.

Back
Top Bottom