Recommendation for Traffic Lawyer for Guelph, ON | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recommendation for Traffic Lawyer for Guelph, ON

phaeton

Site Supporter
Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted here!

I was wondering if anyone could recommend someone to help out my sister with her case, she hit someone from behind (cage on cage action) thinking they'd go through a light. Definitely her fault, however the cop said she should be able to get it reduced from careless driving down to following too closely.

Does anyone know who is a good person to help out? POINTS could work I guess?

Thanks!
Matt

If the cop said that following too closely was likely, check the disclosure maybe they made a comment to that effect. My ex got had the same accident in guelph and hired pointts for ~$800, they got it knocked down to following too closely, but I strongly suspect she would have gotten the same result by showing up and saved $800. At the time the cop explained to her (I don't know if this is true or not) that in a rear end collision, the only legal option the cop has is to charge careless, but standard practice is to drop it to following too closely in court.

If you want to try to win, give redline a call (charged.ca), I don't know if they do guelph, but people in the GTA swear by them.

That's actually the same thing they told her (have charge careless).

Thanks for the info!

I got into an accident along the same lines, except someone cut the car off in front of me and he stopped in time but I didn't. was charged for reckless driving. This was in high school so I didn't even show up to court. My mom went (and she's no lawyer) and I think just explained the situation and it dropped to following too closely. If you can't get it off there's no point in hiring people, you can easily reduce fines/tickets yourself by just showing up and asking.

Back
Top Bottom