Recall by VIN # | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recall by VIN #

Kaw'ee

Just bought a bike that has a stalling problem and found out there was a ECU recall for it but dosent look like anywhere to use my VIN # to check for my bike specifically.

But my dealer said there was none without even checking when i asked.. looks like I'm on my own to find out.

Is there a website where i can enter my VIN # and check for myself ?

what do you mean there is no VIN? You can't physically see it on the bike or when you enter the vin nothing comes up in the system?
If you have a bike that was purchased in the USA you will not be able to look up the VIN#. My bike was purchased in Florida (owner lived there for 4 months of the year) and whenever there is a recall my shop needs to go a little bit out of there way to get things done as it doesn't pop up in any of the Canadian systems.

what do you mean there is no VIN? You can't physically see it on the bike or when you enter the vin nothing comes up in the system?
If you have a bike that was purchased in the USA you will not be able to look up the VIN#. My bike was purchased in Florida (owner lived there for 4 months of the year) and whenever there is a recall my shop needs to go a little bit out of there way to get things done as it doesn't pop up in any of the Canadian systems.
I think he means a website where he can enter his vin to find out if there is any recalls.

OP, what bike? What manufacturer?

I had to log in to a manufacturers website to see if I had any open recalls.

Some are voluntary by the manufacturer.

Some general recalls are enforced by govt., or part manufacturer, like a car airbag recall.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

You will have to call Customer Service for your machine's manufacturer or have the dealer do it for you. VIN information is not generally available to the public. The exception to that is Harley Davidson.

Neither ... I have my Vin # no problem there... I dont have a link/web site to enter my VIN #

Looking for direct link to enter my VIN #

And no' it does not come up in the US links on kawasakis main site or the Recalls either . says enter a valid Vin #

OP, what bike? What manufacturer?

This is my bike and recall ...

But my dealer said there was none without even checking when i asked.. looks like I'm on my own to find out.

Just call a dealer and they can look up the VIN and tell you if you have any recalls.

Back
Top Bottom