Rear Brake Line Install and Bleed - Help! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rear Brake Line Install and Bleed - Help!

Bradsma

I know this has been covered several times but I can't seem to find a thread containing my exact issue.

So I picked up some stainless lines from Bluestreaks tent sale, awesome!

I have some speed bleeders ready for pick up tomorrow for the front lines. I decided I'd do the rear the old fashion way how hard can it be right? I did my research and have helped friends do this on cars and mountain bikes.

So my issue is I can't get any fluid to come out of the rear caliper bleeder. Like zero. I open, press brake, close, release. You think after a few pumps id be getting a little fluid and some bubbles. Nothing!

What am I doing wrong? My thought is that the line is air locked somehow, but I have no idea how to unlock it or any other method of getting the fluid moving. Can someone point me in the right direction and possibly get me the skills to do this tonight. If any helpful forum member is in London I have some beer in the fridge and cash in my wallet for a little training.

Thanks!

I counted like 50 pumps in a row with the bleeder locked shut. Wouldn't that be enough to build up some pressure and have the rear brake get stiff?

Resolved my own issue. I had air in the rear MC!

I had to take the banjo bolt off the top of the rear MC, pump the rear brake until the fluid was flush with the top of the rear MC, continue holding the rear brake while I installed the banjo bolt again. Once I did that as soon as I went to the regular bleeding process; tada air bubbles and brake fluid.

I ran a few reservoirs of brake fluid through to make sure the system was fresh and then I was all done. A simple job made difficult by yours truly.

Mods feel free to delete or keep this up for someone else in the future who makes the same dumb mistake I do. So simple when you step away, think of how the system works and talk your way through it.

Back
Top Bottom