Reality check | GTAMotorcycle.com

Reality check

stickynugs

this is my first season, even though i feel pretty comfortable on my bike and on the curves, last weekend
i got a big reality check, like a slap in the face if you will, it hurt.
I was going up to wasaga on road 27 got booked doing 50 over(who does 50 over on 27? i know) , bike impounded,licence suspended for a week, left on the side of the road, 700$ worth of impound fees, still have to go to court to deal with the ticket. got my baby back today feels like weights been lifted off my shoulders.
just to the new riders now matter how good you feel on your bike or if your on top of the world. if your not going to take off lol
respect the road becuase when your license and your bike gets taken away it ****ing hurts! rather get kicked in the nuts twice.

tell me about it, i have a good lawyer though well see what happens but when i pay him theres another kick to the nuts. lol

I no longer go to wasaga because of the amount of cops and speedyness of there court system up there.

it's so easy to just let the rush take over when riding

this is my first season, even though i feel pretty comfortable on my bike and on the curves, last weekend
i got a big reality check, like a slap in the face if you will, it hurt.
I was going up to wasaga on road 27 got booked doing 50 over(who does 50 over on 27? i know) , bike impounded,licence suspended for a week, left on the side of the road, 700$ worth of impound fees, still have to go to court to deal with the ticket. got my baby back today feels like weights been lifted off my shoulders.
just to the new riders now matter how good you feel on your bike or if your on top of the world. if your not going to take off lol
respect the road becuase when your license and your bike gets taken away it ****ing hurts! rather get kicked in the nuts twice.
It's not just the new riders that get the rush/caught.....

Stupid law

I rode some where today and was telling myself EXACTLY the same thing...it is VERY easy to let the throttle roll on.

I am so sorry that this happened to you. I know WE ALL have done it at some point. Like I always say:

Some times ****** things happen to good people.

OP, be grateful to that cop.
50 over in your first year riding?
He cost you a suspension and lost bike, but may have saved your family from mourning your loss. Or worse, you killing some innocent people sharing the road with you.
Take it to the track.

That said, glad you're safe.

Situations like these are why most of my friends have 'downgraded' to lower cc bikes (where you have to go out of your way to do stupid things) or have given up street and only doing track.

I still like my sunday rides on the back roads, so it's hard to give up the street, but grabbing a 250/300/500cc bike seem more and more appealing.

Situations like these are why most of my friends have 'downgraded' to lower cc bikes (where you have to go out of your way to do stupid things) or have given up street and only doing track.

I still like my sunday rides on the back roads, so it's hard to give up the street, but grabbing a 250/300/500cc bike seem more and more appealing.
So what is HWY 27? an 80? a 250 will do 160 so 50 over in a 250 is pretty easy. I don not understand that false sense of security with a smaller bike

Its all in the wrist

I rode some where today and was telling myself EXACTLY the same thing...it is VERY easy to let the throttle roll on.

I am so sorry that this happened to you. I know WE ALL have done it at some point. Like I always say:

Some times ****** things happen to good people.

This is why I avoid the highways. I never even realize until I look down. While the smaller displacement bikes can still get you into trouble, I can be well into HTA172 territory in 3rd gear at 3/4 throttle. I need to have the hammer down on a 250 to do it.

So what is HWY 27? an 80? a 250 will do 160 so 50 over in a 250 is pretty easy. I don not understand that false sense of security with a smaller bike

Its all in the wrist

True, it is all in the wrist. But you have to consciously go out of your way to get a 250 to do silly things. A 600 or 1000 ss? not so much.

This is why I avoid the highways. I never even realize until I look down. While the smaller displacement bikes can still get you into trouble, I can be well into HTA172 territory in 3rd gear at 3/4 throttle. I need to have the hammer down on a 250 to do it.

^ like this.

Its all in the wrist

you literally have to ride it like you stole it on the 250 to get to hta172 trouble
trust me, by the time I'm through the intersection, I'm already in 3rd gear on the 250 and I'm not even breaking 60 yet...

it's threads like this that make me reconsider getting a mid weight supersport, fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Back
Top Bottom