RBC | GTAMotorcycle.com

RBC

ToSlow

Site Supporter
Just had my insurance, RBC tell me if i only have comp on my car and another driver hits me and no fault of mine that i'm not coverd and i'ts my cost to do the repairs?

That is incorrect. If you have a not at-fault claim in Ontario, you do not bear the costs of repairs. If the other driver is unidentified or uninsured, you probably will have a claim deductible.

That is incorrect. If you have a not at-fault claim in Ontario, you do not bear the costs of repairs. If the other driver is unidentified or uninsured, you probably will have a claim deductible.
If i have comp only and no collision, I still need to pay even if it's not my fault.

I'll clarify this:

Hit-and-run (unidentified driver) is covered under collision. So if they cannot be identified, you need collision coverages to repair the damages to your vehicle (it is still not-at-fault).

If they are identified, then it is covered under DCPD.

Just had my insurance, RBC tell me if i only have comp on my car and another driver hits me and no fault of mine that i'm not coverd and i'ts my cost to do the repairs?
Douggie's new plan to save money on insurance allows that. IIRC it is an explicit opt-out to lose not-at-fault coverage. @Jay Alexander can probably site the actual form/title of that terrible idea.

Douggie's new plan to save money on insurance allows that. IIRC it is an explicit opt-out to lose not-at-fault coverage. @Jay Alexander can probably site the actual form/title of that terrible idea.
Whatever the government's plans are for changes, I don't know. I work at a private company - not FSRA. I know the discussion is making more things optional that were once required (like DCPD which is now technically optional, but please DON'T REMOVE IT).

Ohhhhhhh..... I wasn't even thinking about that. Funny, I recently did a round of insurance quotes/adjustments and (thankfully) nobody made a peep about dropping DCPD

Ohhhhhhh..... I wasn't even thinking about that. Funny, I recently did a round of insurance quotes/adjustments and (thankfully) nobody made a peep about dropping DCPD
When he asked for comp only, maybe they gave him a quote without DCPD. OPCF 49 is the form you can use to screw yourself.

"To receive a premium discount, the OPCF 49 form requires the policyholder to consent to not receiving compensation for any physical damage to their car in case of a collision."

If they don't explain it properly (lots of inexperienced agents/brokers struggle with this), they may possibly get an E&O (error and omission). This is bad for them, and the company.

When he asked for comp only, maybe they gave him a quote without DCPD. OPCF 49 is the form you can use to screw yourself.

"To receive a premium discount, the OPCF 49 form requires the policyholder to consent to not receiving compensation for any physical damage to their car in case of a collision."

Sounds like asking for "comprehensive only" has meant different things over the years.

In the good 'ol days, it meant just that - comprehensive coverage with no liability - for protecting your parked vehicles.
Then when they stopped offering comprehensive by itself, it meant comprehensive with liability.
Maybe now it means comprehensive with liability, and opt out of Direct Compensation Property Damage??? Good thing they gave you a heads up.

Which one was the winner in your case? I’m also shopping now. No claim but desjardins increasing it every year. It is now jumping from $1800 to $2500 🙃
CAA for car, Echelon for a 919, Definity for TL1000S. Rider's Plus is the broker for all

Insurance asks about M1-M2-M dates, is there a way to find those dates or just providing the month is ok.
Giving your best estimate is good enough.

I never understood why the hell they ask me about something that happened more than 2 years ago.
Can't they run the license and pull it up from there?
They can, but running the MVR costs the company money. It's a business decision to only pull the MVR after you confirm you want to buy.

Insurance asks about M1-M2-M dates, is there a way to find those dates or just providing the month is ok.
It's not easy, that's for sure. I have all that stuff written down specifically for my annual quote checks. I haven't seen my driver's abstract in a hot minute but IIRC it is missing information that you would want for insurance.

Back
Top Bottom