Ram Mounts | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ram Mounts

I use my phone for directions, and I think it's a lot safer for me while riding to unfamiliar locations, to have advance turn instructions than me seeing the signboard and reacting late.

Of course, if someone is stupid enough to text while riding- it's a different story.
If you have some kind of headphone/bluetooth setup you can do the turn by turn navigation via audio and keep the phone out of sight.

If you have some kind of headphone/bluetooth setup you can do the turn by turn navigation via audio and keep the phone out of sight.

Yes, that was my initial attempt. However, my helmet allows too much wind noise, and sometimes it’s tough to hear over it. I recently bought some earplugs and hope that would help with the wind noise.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Yes, that was my initial attempt. However, my helmet allows too much wind noise, and sometimes it’s tough to hear over it. I recently bought some earplugs and hope that would help with the wind noise.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
Gotcha.

I recently picked up the new Galaxy Buds from Samsung. Easy fit into the helmet and they are phenomenal.

Yeah- tether even if it's a 5 min ride. Don't be too hard on yourself, Eglinton potholes have got to stronger things than just RAM mounts. It's broken car wheels and in some case the spirit of commuters.
Actually my wheel was my first concern, thankfully it was fine. I changed my commute now to avoid it, spirit still intact!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

My Ducati came with a Zumo powered mount. The few Zumo labelled gps units I've seen are big bucks. Anyone know if the mount will work with any other models besides the $700 one's I've seen?

Quadlock is good until you want to change your phone. You'll need a new mount or case for the new phone. Had one and also had Lifeproof. They both work well with the same issue.

Quadlock is good until you want to change your phone. You'll need a new mount or case for the new phone. Had one and also had Lifeproof. They both work well with the same issue.
Yessir. I have an S9+, don't see much upgrading going on for a few years at least.

"I use my phone for directions, and I think it's a lot safer for me while riding to unfamiliar locations, to have advance turn instructions than me seeing the signboard and reacting late."

All fine and dandy if that's what its used for....but when a call comes in or a text is recieved it is a distraction..good tool in the right hands....personally i use a dedicated gps...if my phone rings in my pocket and its important....they leave a message...simple as that.

I agree, it depends on the individual using it.

Back
Top Bottom