Ram Mounts | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ram Mounts

arogal

I am interested in getting a ram mount for my phone. Unfortunately the '09-'12 ZX6R's Ohlin Steering Damper gets in the way of the Triple tree mounting hole so I am going to go another route. I have done a bit of research and it looks like there is a mount that bolts into the brake reservoir clip. It includes extended bolts to accommodate for the mount. Going to bite the bullet on the 3 piece kit (last picture seems to be the mount of what looks like my year ZX6R):
Ram Mount Motorcycle Brake/Clutch Reservoir Base with 1-Inch Ball: Amazon.ca: Cell Phones & Accessories
Only gripe here is that its not directly in the center of my bars and there may be a bit more wind in this position.
Anyone have this mount on their brake reservoir? If so do you find that the wind is a factor? Just trips me out a bit thinking that my phone is going to fly off the mount, but I haven't heard of it happening to anyone with the RAM brand (just the knock off ebay brands).
Thanks!

You could tether it.

Also to reduce wind noise, stick a furry material around the mic hole. You can google mic muff(?). Might get some nsfw content cuz of muff.

Edit: sorry, thought you meant camera, not phone.
But tethering still applies.

It's likely best to mount that on your clutch res. In case you want to push a button, your left hand is free while on the throttle.
I have dozens of different ram mounts, including those in the link.
All are excellent quality.
Check Radio City, and gps central for better pricing (I think).

It's likely best to mount that on your clutch res. In case you want to push a button, your left hand is free while on the throttle.
I have dozens of different ram mounts, including those in the link.
All are excellent quality.
Check Radio City, and gps central for better pricing (I think).
Wow....Radio City is $30 less for the same items than on Amazon. Great recommendation!

You mean Radio World on Steeles West? I got my RAM Mount from that shop. I thought they had a good selection and stock. A lot of stuff was on display to test out first as well.

You mean Radio World on Steeles West? I got my RAM Mount from that shop. I thought they had a good selection and stock. A lot of stuff was on display to test out first as well.
No. Radio City is a store based out of Calgary.

What will you be using as the mount for your actual phone? I have the X-grip myself. If you are buying the X-grip, make sure you add a small dollop of glue to the rubber tips before installing them onto the arms. You can also buy (or maybe it's included now) a rubber tether that sits behind the X-grip cradle. After you put the phone you wrap the edges of the tether around the corners of your phone to keep it from flying out.
Edit: here's a link to the tether: RAM® X-Grip® Tether for Phone Mounts

Radio World, (on Steeles), and GPS City, (Calgary), are on and the same. GPS City boufght Radio World a number of years ago. I was looking to order a part for my Ram Mount, and contacted both. I was advised the price would be the same as they were indeed the same company..lol

No. Radio City is a store based out of Calgary.

Do your self a favor.....put the phone in your pocket and concentrate on riding the bike..... you will live longer....?

I use my phone for directions, and I think it's a lot safer for me while riding to unfamiliar locations, to have advance turn instructions than me seeing the signboard and reacting late.

Of course, if someone is stupid enough to text while riding- it's a different story.

For radio city, do you need to buy anything other than the bracket? It looks like it doesn’t include the stem than attaches to the handle bars?

I just changed my mind all together on the RAM mount. Got my Sena hooked up to my Pixel so it's completely hands free. Push the phone button on back of it and tell it what to do and it will do the same as saying "hey google". Navigation, music, phone calls etc.
You would need to get 3 pieces. The part for bar, extension rod, and the claw for your phone.

"I use my phone for directions, and I think it's a lot safer for me while riding to unfamiliar locations, to have advance turn instructions than me seeing the signboard and reacting late."

All fine and dandy if that's what its used for....but when a call comes in or a text is recieved it is a distraction..good tool in the right hands....personally i use a dedicated gps...if my phone rings in my pocket and its important....they leave a message...simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom