Racer 5 Track Intro Review | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Racer 5 Track Intro Review

Wow.... what a weekend.

We got extremely lucky with weather. Thursday they had record breaking rainfall in Grand Bend. Everything that was not pavement on Friday was underwater. I felt for the ones who were camping at the track as it was pretty much a swamp. Driving up I saw pedestrian bridges that were ending mid river because of how swollen they were.

So rule of the day on Friday, stay on track or you are swimming back to the pits.

Friday went well. I wobbled my way around, but managed to stay out of the swamp. @voyageur and @MoClutch kept it dry as well. They rain came in and we lost our final session. This was probably a blessing in disguise for me as I was pretty beat by that time.

Sat called for 90% chance of rain. We saw almost none. There was light rain for a bit but it dried instantly on the track.
Confidence was building and people were paying the price for it. Sat was a bit of a crash fest. We had one casualty in our group but it was not one of us.
Awesome day and I was not nearly as beat up as Friday. You use so much less energy the better you get.

Sunday turned out to be a beautiful day. We got all of our sessions in trouble free and had a great day. I called it early and did not go out for the last session.

Racer5 is run extremely well. The instructors are great and give valuable feedback.

Well worth the money.

Turn one. We will ignore the fact that I overcooked it once on Sat and had to run out onto the grass wide. :oops:
If you get the chance, ask @MoClutch about his Marquezesque save in turn 1.

Pleb.jpg

@voyager getting that knee close.

Voyager.jpg

@MoClutch was the fastest of us and only beaten by the 19 YO that was there to support his brother and had taken the intro and the next level course already.

MoClutch.jpg

You were a great instructor @N3WMAN , hopefully we didn't give you too many scares.
There's nothing quite like putting six unknown quantities behind you, on bikes they dont know, on race track they dont know, and hoping that they don't take you out 😅
@N3WMAN Imagine the year end bonus you will be getting with all the great customer satisfaction reports. :D

You were great though, really.
I'll make sure to pass the bonus recommendation onto management. I wont hold my breathe 😬

Back
Top Bottom