Race fairing mounting | GTAMotorcycle.com

Race fairing mounting

JTRUDEL90

I'm new to the track scene and can't seam to find a great answer on my own I just picked up a k9 600 and a fellow racer donated a set of race fairings. I'm in the process of outfitting the bike for the track but can't decide how to secure the upper at the mirror ...? Do I just bolt it with washers to the stay bracket or uses mirror block offs I've looked at a ton of pics and have seen everything from the 2 options listed to zip ties to no securement

Thanks Justin

I'm new to the track scene and can't seam to find a great answer on my own I just picked up a k9 600 and a fellow racer donated a set of race fairings. I'm in the process of outfitting the bike for the track but can't decide how to secure the upper at the mirror ...? Do I just bolt it with washers to the stay bracket or uses mirror block offs I've looked at a ton of pics and have seen everything from the 2 options listed to zip ties to no securement

Thanks Justin

you got it, bolts or zip ties. i like zip ties, fast and easy.

Also zip tie the upper and lower together, then ziptie it all to the frame.

Oh, you're not racing lost era?

Zip ties for upper by mirrors, and Dzus fasteners everywhere else is what I use.

Is there kinda a standard size fastener I've been doing quite a bit of reading and it appears the dzus fasteners come in many different lengths ..?

I believe that the retaining stud is about 1/2" in length.

Back
Top Bottom