Question about my M1 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Question about my M1

d4rktrooper788

Site Supporter
Hello all, I have a quick question about my M1. I know in 90 days, it expires. Does that mean that after 90 days, I can't take my M1 exit test? For example: my M1 expires in October. Can I choose to do my M1 exit test in the spring of 2012? Or would I have to retake my M1 knowledge test in the spring because my original M1 expired in October?

Thanks

Yep you have to take and pass your M1 exit test by the end of your 90 days, otherwise you have to start all over and do the M1 test again.. if you are going to a school i suggest Centennial College. I found most of the others are booked through August and into September, but Centennial had slots showing available for every upcoming weekend this summer when i booked mine.

Yep you have to take and pass your M1 exit test by the end of your 90 days, otherwise you have to start all over and do the M1 test again.. if you are going to a school i suggest Centennial College. I found most of the others are booked through August and into September, but Centennial had slots showing available for every upcoming weekend this summer when i booked mine.

You have to book a test before the 90 days, you dont actually have to take it before 90 days. But putting it off for a year might be a long shot

^^^Are all correct. But just to add one extra thing, the only way you can take the M1 exit road test after the 90 days is if they have no available dates for you before your 90 days are up. They give you a day permit for the day of your test only. I would go and book your test on or very near after your 60th day. You can get your M2 any time after 60 days so i'd get it asap. Good Luck:)

OK well here's the issue. I don't actually have a bike or scooter, just my M1 license. I haven't gotten the permission of my parents to get a bike yet, so if I don't sway them within the next few weeks, I'll have to wait until December when I turn 18. That being said, do you see my dilemna? So will my M1 be expired if I book a test in February?

On a related note: let's say I take my M1 exit test on a scooter, and get my M2L. How would I go about upgrading from a M2L to an M2? Or from a ML to M?

You can take an M1X course. Most of them like RTI, Learning Curves, Centennial etc... provide the bike in the course fee so you won't need to have your own bike, just gloves (work gloves), a heavy denim or leather jacket, good jeans, boots that cover the ankles and a DOT approved helmet.

After you pass your M1X, you'll have an M2 which you can ride both a motorcycle and a scooter. The M2 is good for 5 years, in which time you can sort out the details of which bike/scooter you'll be riding.

OK well here's the issue. I don't actually have a bike or scooter, just my M1 license. I haven't gotten the permission of my parents to get a bike yet, so if I don't sway them within the next few weeks, I'll have to wait until December when I turn 18. That being said, do you see my dilemna? So will my M1 be expired if I book a test in February?

On a related note: let's say I take my M1 exit test on a scooter, and get my M2L. How would I go about upgrading from a M2L to an M2? Or from a ML to M?

There are some people on here that will rent out their bikes for a price to you to use for your test only. But you shouldn't do the test without experience. I garentee you won't pass. Its nothing like a car if you don't already know.

You can take an M1X course. Most of them like RTI, Learning Curves, Centennial etc... provide the bike in the course fee so you won't need to have your own bike, just gloves (work gloves), a heavy denim or leather jacket, good jeans, boots that cover the ankles and a DOT approved helmet.

After you pass your M1X, you'll have an M2 which you can ride both a motorcycle and a scooter. The M2 is good for 5 years, in which time you can sort out the details of which bike/scooter you'll be riding.

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. The only problem is that I'd need a bike for the test...oh well I'd sort something out I guess.

I'm not specifically endorsing this school. It's just that they have a Q&A on the board.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...rning-Curves-Questions-amp-Answers-2011-style

M2 Training - M1X Basic Course
What do I get?
You get 3 hours of classroom time and 14 hours on-bike, including testing for your M2 licence on site. You will earn your M2 licence upon completion, and a certificate qualifying you for a significant reduction in the cost of insurance on your motorcycle.

Will I need my own motorcycle?
No you will not need your own bike for this basic training course. Learning Curves will provide the motorcycles for the course. You will however need to supply all your own gear in order to take this course. You will however need to provide your own motorcycle for the full M course and testing.

What do I need?
You will be asked to bring a motorcycle learner's permit from the Ministry of Transportation DriveTest offices. This temporary licence, the M1, costs $17.50. You require no appointment to write this knowledge test. See our "graduated licensing" section to help prepare for it.

You will also be asked to bring your own protective gear, including a helmet (with a decal indicating DOT approval), leather boots or equivalent that cover the ankle bone, leather gloves or equivalent, and tough jacket and pants.

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. The only problem is that I'd need a bike for the test...oh well I'd sort something out I guess.

Wrong.. if you go to a school you use their bikes and they give you the test there. Seems like you really haven't taken the time to read anything at all? Just save the money and go to a school. If you have no experience riding and just plan on borrowing a bike for a day and showing up at the ministry and doing the test through them it's a very high chance you will fail.

Wrong.. if you go to a school you use their bikes and they give you the test there. Seems like you really haven't taken the time to read anything at all? Just save the money and go to a school. If you have no experience riding and just plan on borrowing a bike for a day and showing up at the ministry and doing the test through them it's a very high chance you will fail.

I was planning on taking a course I just didn't know that they could actually license drivers and administer the test as well. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom