Question about front wheel | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Question about front wheel

Suzuki model code '08F50' seems to cover 1998-2006 GSX650F, GSX750F and GSF1200.
Model code '08F70' appears to be GSX650F (abs only) from what I can find.
Maybe that will help.

I was going to suggest I could look for one next time I was out there, but other then just looking for 3 spoke rims it would be difficult to identify without the old one in hand.

You know, you gave me an idea to try maybe to go to some local scrap yard with the brake disc and the axle and find something that will more or less work for my bike.. maybe I will need to make some custom spacers but it would definitely cost less than $800 used or $1k+ new wheel for a bike that effectively worth $2.5-3k or so. Something to think about

Suzuki model code '08F50' seems to cover 1998-2006 GSX650F, GSX750F and GSF1200.
Model code '08F70' appears to be GSX650F (abs only) from what I can find.
Maybe that will help.

Tx for the info! Unfortunately, older bikes (e.g. 2006 GSX750F) have a little bit different brake disk design.. not sure how to say, it's a little bit bulgy, not flat. As a result, their wheels have a narrow middle part.. I guess my best bet is to find 2015-16 GSX-S750 wheel and then find a custom bearing or make a 2mm spacer for my axle. Something to think about.

Consider this; we are into black fly season and right now it is pouring rain, you are from Toronto and there is a pandemic on,
:/ would you go out there and search for something that somebody described a possible interest in by phone :unsure:

P1010047.jpg

I want to go there.
Where is that?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I want to go there.
Where is that?
Woody's cycle & salvage near Perth.
Phone ahead first to tell him your interest and when he is open for business, great guy, great rider, Canadian motorcycle hall of fame inductee, treat him right and he will treat you right (y)

Hey guys, I wanted to provide an update and share some results. So, after a few attempts to find a replacement wheel, I actually got referenced to John at Bent Bikes in Mississauga. This guy is awesome, he has so much experience and some unique skills. So, he told me upfront that the result is not guaranteed and the wheel can basically crack but there is a chance that he will be able to straighten it. And he did it! I already put a tire on the wheel, balanced it (worked out perfectly) and tested it out! No vibrations or anything! The wheel is perfect now!

If anyone will have similar issue then definitely talk to John and see if he can help you out. Right now I'm riding this bike again and I'm very happy! Ride safe!

Back
Top Bottom