Quebec speed cameras and fighting tickets | GTAMotorcycle.com

Quebec speed cameras and fighting tickets

mrspeaker

Someone I know got their first speed camera ticket in another province. 116 in a 90. They're wondering what the best course of action is, is it worth pleading not guilty?

Someone I know got their first speed camera ticket in another province. 116 in a 90. They're wondering what the best course of action is, is it worth pleading not guilty?
I haven't had to deal with it, but my first thought is pay and move on. There are no insurance implications with the cameras as they do not know who was driving. If you fight it, you probably end up in a situation where you need to provide a driver to the court as part of the fight and that would hit your insurance if you didn't win.

EDIT:
Above assumes that you were guilty but wanted to fight. If you were legitimately not guilty lile if your car was stolen at the time, plead not-guilty and send them a police report number.

Last edited:
I haven't had to deal with it, but my first thought is pay and move on. There are no insurance implications with the cameras as they do not know who was driving. If you fight it, you probably end up in a situation where you need to provide a driver to the court as part of the fight and that would hit your insurance if you didn't win.

EDIT:
Above assumes that you were guilty but wanted to fight. If you were legitimately not guilty lile if your car was stolen at the time, plead not-guilty and send them a police report number.
Yeah, a friend told me almost exactly this. So it's no demerit points, and no affect on insurance because it was a camera. Just a bruise to the wallet and another to the ego - plus they sent buddy a sweet photo he can put on the wall!

Thanks for your help, appreciate it.

Last edited:
Yeah, a friend told me almost exactly this. So it's no demerit points, and no affect on insurance because it was a camera. Just a bruise to the wallet and another to the ego - plus they sent me a sweet photo of me that I can get framed!

Thanks for your help, appreciate it.
I thought it was "someone you know"? ;) We've all been caught before, take your lumps and move on. Run waze next time and hopefully it will warn you about the camera location.

Back
Top Bottom