Purchasing New Ninja 300 - any suggestions on what to ask for in the offer? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Purchasing New Ninja 300 - any suggestions on what to ask for in the offer?

nikos1965

I know the profit margin on these brand new Ninja 300's are minimal but theres no harm in asking before I put down some cash for one. I was thinking of asking for either: FENDOR ELIMINATOR ..... or ............ A COUPLE OIL CHANGES ........ or a $100 resuced price.

What do you guys think? I have a few weeks to present an offer.

$100 - peanuts. I'd buy a set of stands and learn how to do my own oil changes.

Fender elim-meh, it's cosmetic. No performance upgrade.

Walk in with cash in hand. Betcha you could talk them down more, save your money for stuff other than farkles.

Deals on new bikes from a dealer are usually the result of too much last year stock on hand and new bikes arriving that need to be paid for, less popular models are the first to see discount prices, pretty sure the 300 is a very popular model. Apparel is where they make the most markup and can actually discount or throw in goodies to sweeten a deal. Fender tidy thingy is a total waste of money imho but hey, it's your bike, go for it, if I had one I would give it to you for free so maybe they will too.
Have fun, stay safe and enjoy your new motorcycle :)

If your going the gear route make sure they fit. especially the helmet (snug) and jacket (snug).

MSRP on a new 2017 Ninja 300 starts at $5499, more if you want the fancy paint models or ABS.
I doubt you'll be able to do much better, maybe a couple hundred off at best.
Look at what the 'out the door' price is, and be wary of in house financing or extended warranty costs.
Then just ride the damn thing for a while before worrying about upgrades.
Other opinions, of course, may vary....

Why would you buy a new ninja 300 when the new for 2018 ninja 400 is out for close to the same price? Doesn't make sense to me. A used 300 I could understand - it could and should be had at a much lower cost, perhaps even at a bargain price.

Take a look at the reasonably priced used motorcycles thread under general motorcycle discussion. There is a very nice 15 ninja 300 being offered for $3000. Only 15,000kms. Seller is a active member here on the gta.

Not sure about determining the cond of used bikes? PM Frekeyguy here on the gta- he's a bike tech with reviews that are consistently very very good - he will check it out for you at a reasonable cost...

2018 all new ninja 400-$5799 https://www.kawasaki.ca/product/ninja-400

Last edited:
msrp is 5499. kawi has them on discount for 4899 if youre paying cash

https://www.kawasaki.ca/product/ninja-300

get the dealer to eat freight and pdi....which are bullsheet anyways. so 4899 plus hst and lic = about 5535 out the door.

if you haggle maybe you can get it for a few hundred less.
negotiate the out the door price not the price before fees and taxes

personally i'd go used as boyoboy suggests

Last edited:
PDI is absolutely a BS surcharge, just ask the dealer if you can have one that is still in the crate and watch the response you get!

You might be able to get a few hundred dollars off if you pay cash. As has been mentioned you would have better luck negotiating some gear/farkles into the deal. I personally would say your best bet is to buy used, save a couple grand and you can probably find one with some of the bells and whistles you desire.

why get a new 300?

if you have nowhere to perform basic service
or are unable/unwilling to do it
there is value for you in negotiating some scheduled service
first one for sure, while not required, it is highly recommended
to bring the bike to the dealer for the break-in service

as mentioned, not likely to get much off MSRP for a low cost bike
but dealers have much higher margins on gear and accessories
and some wiggle room, if you need a helmet, try to work that into the deal
the best one you can afford, maybe get $100 off it with bike purchase

as for fender eliminators and other crap
leave that for later
if you must molest the bike
amazon/ebay are more affordable places for that stuff

Is this your first bike? If so buy a good low mileage used one and ride it for a few years to gain experience and then you'll likely want to trade up. Also, new riders are more likely to have a few spills (hopefully just a scrape or two on you and the bike, nothing serious) learning the ropes and why scuff up a brand new bike.

Actually its my second. I have been riding a big cruiser for about 2 years and looking for something with a total different experience. I wont be dropping is so no worries there if its brand new.

5K brand new 2 year Kawasaki full warranty. 4k used 15 or 16 no warranty and some wear and tear on it. Hope it clears things up.

thank you I will when I get it. Waiting till right after the Motorcycle Show maybe get a better deal there or not.

Back
Top Bottom