Puddlecrossing!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Puddlecrossing!!

Years ago I bought my wife a new TJ as a surprise. Picked it up and went straight to our hunt camp on Lake Skootamata with the boys before surprising her. The road in was underwater due to beavers damming a creek, hit it at 40kmh, 5' deep. Boom. Hydrolocked the motor, blew a rod thru the block.

Took it back to the dealer, the replaced the motor under warranty.

In my twenties we all had 4x4s and would go 4 wheeling through North Halton on weekends...one Saturday night we were at Lion's Valley off of Dundas in Oakville over by the now closed 4th Line....friend of mine decided to cross 16 Mile Creek in his Ford Ranger and ended up dunking the front end so far down that he had major water damage similar to yours @Mad Mike ...anyways we towed him out back to the shop (my friends were mechanics), took the engine apart to get all the water out of it, he towed it back to the dealership and he ended up getting a new engine through warranty...don't know how he pulled it off but he was one lucky guy...

In my twenties we all had 4x4s and would go 4 wheeling through North Halton on weekends...one Saturday night we were at Lion's Valley off of Dundas in Oakville over by the now closed 4th Line....friend of mine decided to cross 16 Mile Creek in his Ford Ranger and ended up dunking the front end so far down that he had major water damage similar to yours @Mad Mike ...anyways we towed him out back to the shop (my friends were mechanics), took the engine apart to get all the water out of it, he towed it back to the dealership and he ended up getting a new engine through warranty...don't know how he pulled it off but he was one lucky guy...
Manufacturers hide water marking indicators in new cars, they get checked before a warranty claim if the dealer suspects water damage. It's usually in a filter.

Fortunately for me, one of the guys I was travelling with was an AMC/Jeep dealership mechanic -- he knew exactly what they looked for in a blown engine. We took it to his shop, drained the water from the cylinders and sump, then changed out watermarked filter for a new OE filter before towing to the dealer.

Back
Top Bottom